Friday, November 12, 2010

Knees and NaNo

Writing only leads to more writing. - Colette

I finally went to the orthopedic doctor yesterday about my knee (yes, I am still having troubles). He's not sure what's wrong so has me scheduled for an MRI next week. Seven minutes in a metal tube. Whee.

Being the up front kinda gal I am, I told the doc right off that I don't really like conventional doctors, that I don't take prescriptions meds and that if he says I need surgery, he'd have to prove that nothing else would work and that surgery would fix the problem.

Yeah, I'm a little stubborn. But I also think conventional medicine tends to slap a band-aid (AKA prescription drugs) on symptoms instead of looking for the deeper issue and that drugs only tend to make things worse. Blame it on my mom whose had Rheumatoid Arthritis for 15 years and doesn't take meds for it (and isn't crippled by it).

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

On the writing front, I'm slowly falling more and more behind... but I had a brainstorm today that should help a little. Part of my problem is that the story just isn't light-hearted enough. I don't expect it to be slapstick comedy, but it should be at least a little funny. And, I got to thinking that I gave Liv an unconventional mentor in "One Love For Liv", so I wanted to give Geoff one, too. He's about to meet his, but won't realize that the guy is wicked wise for a bit -- because he won't appear to be. Emmy helps open his eyes.

I love Emmy.

I also used another one of your challenge objects today:

She spun around, holding an antique magnifying glass to her eye, making it appear three times as huge and twice as green as the other. “Hey, you’re even more handsome close up!” (Brandy)

And I've decided that every scene needs to include a reference or an appearance of a particular item. Not saying WHAT -- that'll be for you to figure out once it's published. *G*

So, even though I'm 4000 words behind, I'm still motivated. And all I have to do is write at least 2000 words a day for the next couple of weeks and I'll be good.

Yep.... that's "all".

:-P

=======================




You Are an Extrovert



You are honest and comfortable in your own skin. You don't show off, but you never hide who you are either.

You like to weigh all of your options before making a decision. You are apt to look for a compromise.

You are responsible and determined to do the right thing. There is often a lot on your plate, but you handle it all well.

You rely on yourself first and foremost. You know that you won't ever let yourself down.



Though I don't really think of myself as an extrovert, I'll take their word for it. The rest though? Pretty close...

=====================

5 comments:

MomJane said...

How can I be both?

You Are Both an Introvert and an Extrovert
You are honest and comfortable in your own skin. You don't show off, but you never hide who you are either.

You are resolute and firm in your decision making. Once your mind is made up, you aren't likely to change.

You are responsible and determined to do the right thing. There is often a lot on your plate, but you handle it all well.

You rely on yourself first and foremost. You know that you won't ever let yourself down

Joanna St. James said...

keep on truckin'

Maria Zannini said...

If it's a tear, surgery may be your only option. As surgeries go though, that one wasn't so bad.

Good luck!

Brandy said...

I sincerely hope the MRI is uncomplicated and that you can be treated without surgery.

My quiz results were the same as yours. Um, yeah, I am so not an extrovert. Then again I don't see why those results are those for an extrovert, anyway.

Have a lovely weekend and best wishes for your writing!

Ceri Hebert said...

I'm way behind still. Got a little done today, but not nearly enough. Right now all I want to do is take a swig of Nyquil and go to bed.

I had an epiphany about my NaNo wip that I need to work in too. Just wish I wasn't so gosh darned tired! Tonite would have been a perfect writing night.

Hope there's nothing seriously wrong with your knee!