Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hair Cut Woes

Hair brings one's self-image into focus; it is vanity's proving ground. Hair is terribly personal, a tangle of mysterious prejudices. ~Shana Alexander

My day FLEW by yesterday. FLEW! I have no idea where the time went.

DD wanted her hair cut. She's been growing it out to donate again, and HATED the length, so I took her to a walk in haircut place. I mean, how hard is it to whack off a ponytail and even the ends? Her hair is not that hard to cut.

Evidently, I was wrong. Perhaps I should have run out the door when the stylist was a lady older than I am but wearing a pink Mohawk. Understand, I don't have an issue with Mohawks, per se, but on a 50ish woman, it was a little out of place.

She whacked off the pony, ended up "notching" one side of it about an inch higher than the other (which was WAY shorter than DD wanted her hair cut) and then, when she "evened" out her hair, one side was much longer than the other. It was wet when we left (I didn't want to pay for a blow dry... my bad) and DD kept tucking it behind her ears, so I didn't notice it until we were home.

Now, I know I can go back to that lady and have her fix it for free... but my concern is that the "fix" will be worse than the cut. And it's already so short that DD hates it, so there isn't a lot of room for error.

Teach me to go to a cheap walk-in place. I'm so sad. I could have done a better job cutting her hair.

We also had to run to the store to find clothes for the daughter. She's growing like a weed and all of her tops were too small. We found a couple at the L.L. Bean Outlet, and plan on hitting Kohl's at some point this week.

Now ... I didn't get a chance to respond to your questions and comments yesterday, so I'll do it here!

Maria Zannini said she was getting Nice / Naughty dog bones for her fur babies (having one of each... if you remember her Dog Dish interview, you know which is which). I love those bones! I don't have one of each, I have a dog with the proverbial Angel / Devil on her shoulder... so she can have both!

Dru Ann loves the bracelet... which is a good thing. *G*

Joanna St. James asked, "does she sell some of her designs on artfire or etsy" about DD's designs. Joanna, she does! LOL... I forgot to say that (assuming y'all knew). Her store is DistinctivelyDD on Artfire.

Tori said, "I bet Artfire has some awesome steampunk stuff." They DO. And lots of it!

Brandy said, "I'm STILL trying to find something for the Out-laws for the Holidays, so will be sure to check out Artfire." -- I swear, I'm so totally sold on goods from Artfire. I really, really LOVE the place. Bet you find something perfect there.

Thanks for visiting yesterday!

===========================




Your Color is Blue



You are a calm and content person. You find that the key to life is easy... just be yourself!

You believe in the importance of letting go. You release your anxieties and welcome renewal.

You are a generous person, and you look for the best of people. You promote peace and trust.

You value intellect and experience. Unlike most people, you truly respect your elders.



HAHAHAHAHA... no. Maybe the last sentence, but the rest? Not so much.

========================

8 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Poor DD. I'm proud of her, though, for donating her hair. Also, her new jewelry is gorgeous!

Maria Zannini said...

Poor kid.

Fortunately it will grow out.

MomJane said...

So sorry about the haircut. Just keep telling her it looks sort of cute.

Dru said...

I'm so sorry about DD's haircut. Does her hair grow fast?

re quiz: My Feng Shui Color is Blue and it's more or less accurate.

Have a good Tuesday.

Brandy said...

Aww, poor DD. Kids hair grows quickly most of the time. Is it sill long enough for pretty barrettes or headbands? Kohl's has some really cute ones.

I received the same answer as you and Dru.

I hope your DD knows what a wonderful gift she's giving. And that she feels better about her hair today.
Best wishes for a good day!

Joanna St. James said...

am happy I met DD right as I decided to go into my jewellery stage.

Joanna St. James said...

oh yeah I was going to say some annoying woman cut my hair when i was a teen too and she covered it up by putting my hair in curls. Imagine my surprise when my comb fell out of my hair easily.

Tori Lennox said...

That sucks about DD's haircut. I swear I wonder how some people get their license.

I saw all that lovely steampunk jewelry! Too bad I'm not much of a jewelry wearer. :) But I loved looking at it.