Thursday, November 04, 2010

No No, NaNo

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. ~Newt Gingrich

This morning was a bit of a bust ... but I'm going to keep moving on today, somehow. Part of it was lack of sleep -- I got *maybe* five hours last night. I'm not sure what the other "partly" was, but I'll get through.

So ... for the challenges yesterday, I got the following:

Objects to use in my NaNo book:

a gun (Joanna St. James)
dust (Maria Zannini)
a dill pickle spear (Anno)
an antique magnifying glass (Brandy)
A leopard print thong with a bow and tiny lace trim (Xeranthemum)
A pair of granny panties (Judy)
a copy holder (Dru)
a stuffed pig (Tori)
a Kewpie doll (Ceri)

I don't know what a copy holder is (Dru? help?), but have used two so far. My poor heroine is having an identity crisis:

Emmy rubbed a palm over her red spikes and snorted, then snagged one of the Kewpie dolls off her dresser top and held it up next to her face. “This is what they want at those things... cookie cutter women, Stepford Wives. Not people like me.”

She wore nothing but a leopard print thong with a bow and tiny lace trim. As tight as all the gowns were, she didn’t want panty lines and certainly couldn’t wear a bra.

So, it's thanks to Ceri and Xeranthemum that I got ANY writing done at all this morning!

========================

I bought a new camera yesterday -- finally bit the bullet and made a decision. I ended up with a Nikon P100:



It's more than a basic point and shoot, but not as complex as a "real" camera. Lots of bells and whistles that I need to figure out, though. And I need to learn quickly since we have TWO agility competitions this weekend (yep, I have one on Saturday -- a CPE event -- and a fun match with our classes on Sunday) and need to take video. I promised to video the fun match and put it up on my YouTube channel for the participants to view.

DD played a bit last night, too. Meet Simon:



And my little buddy, Tyson (I just love him to death):



And we have big:



And small:



And everything in between... Hopefully I'll have some great videos to share next week.

====================




You Are Analytical



You see where most of the pieces of life fit together. You are excellent at organizing chaos.

You are a natural tinkerer. You're interested in how things work and how you can improve them.

You tend to have your head in the clouds, but your daydreams are very important.

You're the type of person who could change the world - if you're given enough space and freedom.



Mostly right ...

=======================

10 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Simon looks like my kind of dog. :)

Marianne Arkins said...

Simon is a sweetie -- a Border Collie therapy dog who turns into demon spawn when he runs. But he gives the best hugs.

Joanna St. James said...

small looks like a little diva with the perfect pose.
good luck with the wip and get some rest

Marianne Arkins said...

Joanna, the poodle's name is Waffles, and we all call her either Miss Waffles or Princess Waffles. She is quite the diva -- but amazingly good at dog agility!

Melissa McClone said...

Enjoy the new camera and good luck with NaNo. I woke up this morning realizing my words yesterday aren't going to work. Kind of a bummer. Oh, well... Back to it today!

Brandy said...

Have to say that Tyson is adorable. *g* Glad you have a new camera! Have fun learning all the features!

Best wishes for a good writing day and a good day all around!

Tori Lennox said...

Sweet camera! Sweet dogs. :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

Aww..what cutie doggies!

That reminds me that I desperately need a new camera. Yours looks really nice, but it might be more camera than I can handle. LOL

Michele said...

OOOH, I'm green with envy!
LOVE the camera
and LOVE the Nose dog.. hahaha and tee hee... those are really awesome shots!
could be used for a calander.

Good luck with agility and the camera... I know you'll do great!

Dru said...

Love the camera and have fun taking pictures.

It's hard to explain what a copy holder is, but I emailed you a link.