Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Welcome Guest: Nicole Green

Another very brave, brave person today: Welcome to Nicole Green!

Tell me five things I probably don’t know about you and that most folks wouldn’t guess.

I have an insane fear of mold. Really--it freaks me out. Years ago, I had this lunchbox for school and I guess I forgot I'd left some old food in it. I opened it up and saw all this mold inside. I screamed and slammed it shut and threw a huge fit. My mom wondered what in the world was wrong with me. I told her and she had to get rid of the stuff. Never used that lunchbox again. I shudder at the memory.

I've always wanted to play the guitar. I tried to teach myself once. My grandma got a used acoustic for me from a yard sale. I got songbooks and everything. Even one of those beginner, how-to books. I got so frustrated with fret boards and chords and plucking strings that I eventually gave the whole thing up. I'd still love to learn one day, but I think I'll need a better teacher than myself...

I named my first car--an Eagle Talon--Steamboat Willy. My cousin, who's an amazing artist, made a sign for it and everything. We put the sign in the back glass of the hatch. I also decorated the interior with "The Little Mermaid" stickers. And the back was plastered with bumper stickers for Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, and lots of other great '90s bands I love. Yes, I was a...character in high school, huh?

Okay, this is hilarious. When we were little, my cousin and I broke the shower curtain rod in the bathroom by trying to practice doing chin-ups, using the shower rod as a bar. We put it back like it was never broken and then went to play Barbies, not letting anyone know what we'd done. Later, a family member (FM) had an unpleasant moment when the rod and curtain came crashing in on FM during that person's shower. We pretended to be as shocked as everyone else! It was years before we confessed to FM.

Reading my aunt's Harper's Bazaar magazines as a kid, I used to think the name "Versace" was pronounced like it looks--well, to an American anyway. Long "a", soft "c". Luckily, I figured out the truth through context clues before I pronounced it out loud to anyone, though. But I guess people will know the truth about the whole embarrassing thing anyway once they read this, lol...

Fill In the Blank(s): The only thing better than a cookie is ____________________.

What? Better than a cookie? Such a thing exists? Oh, you must mean two cookies. Yes, definitely two cookies. Or maybe writing. Depends on what the day is like. Although, writing usually necessitates cookies...

Write me a paragraph using the following three words: Brilliant, Rat, Vacation

Okay, fiction (with a slight basis in reality of course):

I once had a brilliant idea to conquer my fear of rats. I decided to trap one and teach it how to dance. Unfortunately, it seems rats don't like to dance. Especially rabid ones. After that little episode, I needed a vacation.

**

Nicole Green received a Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Virginia and she currently attends law school at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. When she’s not studying the law, she returns to Tappahannock, Virginia where her parents and younger sister live. She enjoys reading, writing, and spending time with her hilarious and wonderful friends and family.

My first novel, Love Out of Order, debuted Feb. 2, 2010 and is available most places where books are sold. Website:
http://www.nicolegreen.webs.com Blog: http://lisezvous.blogspot.com

4 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

I've never even seen the name "Versace" before. So......How DO you pronounce it? Is it a guy name or a girl name or a place name or a rat name?

Marianne Arkins said...

LOL... It's a designer name and pronounced "Ver-sah-chee".

Groovy, you crack me up. *G*

Brandy said...

This post had me smiling and laughing. Thanks!

ND_Green said...

Thanks, all. And thanks again to you, Marianne! This was so much fun!