Friday, March 12, 2010

I Haz a Happy ...

Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad. ~Norm Papernick

dog


Talented author and friend, J. A. Saare nominated me for a Happy 101 award a couple of days ago.



Here's the plan: I share 10 things that make me happy (as an aside, I made a "happy journal" once -- because I'm not a naturally happy person -- and listed more than 200 things that made me smile... it's a great thing to have and to pull out when you're down in the dumps) and, in turn, nominate 10 blogs that make me smile! It's going to be tough to whittle it down to 10, but I'm going to give it a try...

10 things that make me happy:

1. My daughter -- who needs at least forty hugs a day. Since the dog and the cat and I are the ones she's around, we get them. No, I'm not complaining :-)

2. My goofy dog.

3. Really good books.

4. Talking to my mom.

5. Watching clever, fun TV shows like "Leverage" and "Bones" and "Eureka"

6. 80's music

7. Gardening

8. Sunshine

9. Long walks in the sunshine :-)

10. Quiet time

Here's a list of blogs I try to get to at least every couple of days because it makes me happy to keep up with them!

The Bandwagon

Writing Wrongs

Notes From Me

Book Mom

Maria Zannini

Melissa McClone

Jennifer Shirk

Groovy's Ruminations

Diane Craver

Becoming Briggs

Thanks to all those folks (and so many more!) that give me a happy on a regular basis.

=======================

For those who asked: Dakota is acting as though nothing happened night before -- as though she didn't nearly vomit up a lung or put me through the wringer. I don't know what set her off, but she seems to be fine and dandy.

DD and I are helping out with a beginning agility class on Thursdays now. It's a HUGE class (12 dogs that range from a Poodle to a Great Dane!) and she asked if we could. DD loves it and I think it's fun, too, though it exhausts me. The dogs are all really good dogs -- a few are pretty alpha and try to assert themselves now and then, but for the most part everyone gets along and most of them really enjoy what they're doing. It's been so much fun to revisit how things were when we started agility over a year ago. It's all so effortless for Dakota now it's hard to remember when she was scared by the see-saw.

It rained for most of the day yesterday, and is overcast today. They're not predicting a very nice weekend, which is a drag. I've gotten spoiled this past week with the sunny, warm weather.

How's the weather where you are? Any plans for the weekend?

=============================




You Are A Chocolate Ice Cream Girl



Dramatic. Powerful. Flirty.



Dramatic. Powerful. Flirty.

Oh, yeah... that's me...

==========================

7 comments:

Dru said...

Congrats on the award.

thanks for the mention that my blog makes you happy.

I'm glad to hear that Dakota is doing better. Have fun helping with the agility class.

You Are A Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Girl

Popular. Friendly. Fun.

Never thought of myself as popular or fun but I suspect others think I am.

We're getting the same weather conditions as you this weekend, rain and heavy floods.

I had a couple of outdoor activities but they'll be cancelled due to the rain.

Have a great Friday.

J.A. Saare / Aline Hunter said...

I LOVE 80's music. It never goes out of style. Loved your answers.

By the way, hugs never go out of style. I'm saving mine up for when the kids don't want to share them any longer. ;(

Jaime

Unknown said...

Aw! Thanks for sharing! I'll get a happy post up--it's about time for one. Content has been rather... scatterbrained and unamusing this week!

LOVE the dog picture. I've already admitted that I'm a first-class passenger on the crazy train. So people never even question when I laugh at something funny in my head! ;)

Melissa McClone said...

Cool on your award. And thanks for the shoutout. I'll do it next week.

Glad the doggy is back to normal.

groovyoldlady said...

Only TEN????? Drat. Because pretty much everything makes me happy. And if it doesn't, I can usually find the proverbial silver lining or, when things are at the worst, I can trust in God - and that makes me very happy. Perhaps my cheerfulness is due to the fact I am a "Vanilla Ice Cream Girl

Flexible. Easygoing. Classic."

Maria Zannini said...

I'm so glad that loony dog turned out okay. It would've driven me nuts.

Thanks for the happy award!

Brandy said...

Very glad to hear that Dakota is okay! I like your list of ten things that make you happy and thank you for listing my blog. I'll be sure to post about it soon.
The agility class y'all are helping with sounds like fun.
I am Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Girl: Popular, Friendly, Fun.
Ummmm,not sure about this. I'm not popular. But, I hope I'm friendly and fun. *G*

Have a good day. I think it's our rain you'll be getting, sorry. There may even be a storm or two.