Sunday, November 15, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy....

The essential question is not, "How busy are you?" but "What are you busy at?" ~Oprah Winfrey

Yesterday was crazy busy (shocking, I know) -- we processed our neighbor's deer and that's always an all day thing. I managed to do some computer work in between times, but unfortunately I have a whole bunch of chores to do today, like laundry (since we're running out of clothes!).

I'm also working on three book videos, so if I'm noticeably absent, that's why. I did try to touch base with people a little yesterday, to catch up on your lives and all the cute cat pictures from Brandy (loved Layla's!) and the LOLcats from Melissa. They always make me smile.

I have well over 20 TV shows on my TiVo to catch up on, too -- usually I'll watch them during the day while I work on the computer at the same time, but with DH home I haven't been able to. Oy Vey. And, the thing is: I don't watch all that many shows, so that tells you how long it's been since I've watched an TV (weeks!).

In any case, today is supposed to be nice and sunny, thankfully, so even if I have to be inside at least the house will feel cheery. Yesterday was dark and dismal (we were getting the leftovers from Ida) and I am looking forward to sun. So is Dakota. She's not a big fan of the wet weather.

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday :-)

=====================




You Put Yourself Last



You take everyone's needs seriously, except for your own. You mean to take care of yourself, but you're always the last one on the list.

While it may be tempting to lend a helping hand every time you can, you're actually not helping people as much as you could be.



You are simply not at your best. You're too frazzled to really be giving anyone 100%.

Take a mental health day - or even a mental health hour - as soon as you can. It's time to start getting some balance in your life.




Hmmm... well, yeah. And that's a bad thing?

====================

4 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

I watched the first three James Bond movies yesterday. But I still have about 50 hours of stuff on the DVR. Yikes! But since I've been wanting to watch those James Bond movies in order, I've had to wait for them to air first. :)

Dru said...

Today is beautiful and I hope you get to enjoy your weather.

You Put Yourself First

By putting yourself first, you're actually not being selfish. You're just being realistic.

You like to help others as much as the next person... maybe even more. But you know you need to be at the top of your game in order to really give back.

You take good care of yourself, and you have learned the art of tactfully saying "no." It's all about balance.

You try to stay away from people and activities that drain you. You prefer to save your energy for those who really matter to you.
This is true.

Have a great Sunday.

Brandy said...

I hope you get a chance to relax a bit today!
Same quiz results as you.
Have a great Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Hope you get caught up on all the stuff you needed to do!