Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rushed

Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow. ~Denis Waitely

Today's post will be quick -- I might have some time to work on my story (still brainstorming, but if the spirit leads I'll write some, too -- for an update about what the heck I'm talking about, go to this post on the JaNoWriMo blog here).

Had to go way the heck away to get a prescription for my poor old kitty yesterday. Her arthritis is getting so bad! She's begun to limp and the doc found a pain med that shouldn't affect her kidneys much, but it's specially compounded and there aren't that many compounding pharmacies around. So it was off to Concord yesterday to get it. I used my GPS for real for the first time. It worked pretty darn well!

We found a bead shop right across the street from the pharmacy and it was amazing! A HUGE selection of really top notch stuff at reasonable prices. I wanted to buy almost everything -- lots of natural stones, etc. Be still my heart. In any case, we bought some stuff and will be back. Now to make the new jewelry.

When we got home, DH advised me that we were taking down trees at his sister's house, so it was off again. I reminded DH that just because HE is on vacation does not mean that DD and I are. She missed half her school yesterday. URGH.

Our neighbor got a deer out hunting yesterday. However, he and his family are gone away on vacation from today through the weekend, and asked if we could process the meat. So, tomorrow we'll be spending the day butchering the deer and packaging the meat. We're getting half as payment, so it's worth it. But, another day I lose for working.

So, that's my life. How are you? I will be by to visit soon -- it's just insane, and I'm barely able to keep up with writing (HA -- haven't done a word in six days) and working on the LASR/WC site. Bear with me. November is a sucky month all around.

====================

7 comments:

Dru said...

Sounds like all your best-laid plans are conspiring against you. I hope you're able to get in some writing today.

Have a good Thursday.

Melissa McClone said...

Busy, busy, busy! Hope things settle down for you so you can find time to write!

Tori Lennox said...

Your DH and I would be having Words about all the projects he's finding for you. *g*

Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer said...

I give you credit for having the stomach to butcher and process meat. Not my thing.

Hope you get more time once DH goes back to work... I know I only get stuff done when mine's at work.

**Grin**

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything you have to do!

Brandy said...

I know at this point you must be counting down the time until your Dh goes back to work. *G* I hope you are able to get some writing done today!

MomJane said...

Surprise. I am on a computer and have read all the entries you put in since my computer went down. Yea for you and DD.

Glad you will be getting some meat. Hope DH gets a deer.