Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Revisions

The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~ Vladimir Nabakov

It was such a pretty day yesterday -- at least from the inside! Lots of sun, but also lots of cold wind, so it wasn't a lot of fun to be out in it. Still, sun always makes me happy, so I'm glad to say we have sun again today (with a little less wind). We've had such a mild autumn this year, but I suspect our time is about to run out. Last year we had a mild autumn, too, and then we had record-breaking snowfall! They're predicting much the same this year which thrills DH and DD, but me? Not so much...

Last night (all night) I couldn't stop thinking about how I want to revise "Return to Stiller Creek" -- which is weird for me, because I typically hate, dread, and loathe revisions. But these excite me. Maybe that means they are exactly what needs to be done? It's a massive overhaul, but I already know what I want to do with the pivotal first scene. Originally, police chief Clint is called in to investigate a death/murder scene. But he's not the police chief anymore and I couldn't figure out how he would end up there in any believable capacity. Last night I did, AND I figured out how to intro the new chief, too. Yay me.

I'm ready to go. I'm sad about stopping NaNo, but that story just wasn't going in the right direction and it's just silly to keep writing something that's just plain unusable. That one is sitting in my brain and I know my subconscious is working on it and one day it'll pop out in a new form. It always seems to work that way :-)

==================

We got some clothing for Dakota. A lady from our agility class thoughtfully and generously donated some she had for her last dog. Dakota has no undercoat and freezes her dog-behind off in the winter, so I'm so thankful for the coat, raincoat and sweatshirt. I still want to get her a snow suit AND I was given a website that is remarkably low-priced. For all you pet owners out there, check out Pet Edge. Even their treats, leashes, etc. are inexpensive! I can't wait to do a little shopping for the critters.

===================




You Are Complex and Brilliant



You have extremely interesting thoughts and complicated theories. You're always plunging deeper into whatever subject you happen to be studying.

People make find your ideas confusing and even disorienting. That's disappointing because you are actually a very organized and orderly thinker.

Your energy level super high. It's more of a challenge for you to get your brain to shut off than it is for you to turn it on.

Your signature latte would be strong. Heavy on the espresso and light on the milk. You've got work to do, and you need every milligram of caffeine to count.



That's actually pretty darn close! LOL...

=====================

4 comments:

Dru said...

I'm glad that you're finding your writing groove with "Return to Stiller Creek"

I bet when you least expect it, the story you were writing for NaNo will reappear and the words will flow steadily.

I believe this is the year that we will get that big old snow storm that I hoped for last year.

That's great about the clothes for Dakota.

You Are Peaceful and Philosophical

You don't get too worked up about anything in your life, even if you've just drank a double latte.

You try to take things as they come and accept them for what they are. You are completely and totally zen.

Your energy level is low. You are by no means lazy, but you also aren't prone to anxiety.

Your signature latte would be simple. Just espresso and steamed milk. You don't need a lot of bells and whistles to make you happy.

It is amazing how these things can be accurate.

Have a good Tuesday.

Sarita Leone said...

I love it that you are writing in your head. Sometimes those writing sessions, where things get ironed out long before you're sitting at the computer, make the actual writing a breeze. I hope that happens with Stiller Creek. And, I have a feeling the NaNo book will just happen when you least expect it to. When a story's meant to be told, it just somehow finds a way!

Enjoy your sun! :-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the revisions :)

Poor Dakota. Good to hear she now has some new stuff. I got a bomberjacket for Patachou (rottie angel) the one time it snowed in Houston lol. He loved wearing cloths.

Oh I was just going to recommend pet edge. Awesome site. I've gotten a lot of stuff from there over the years, all good quality. And as long as you spend more than a certain amount you dont get charge the $17 or something.

Brandy said...

Best of luck with the revisions! My kids want it to snow here this year again. It may, it may not. Snow in the South is pretty fickle.
I bet the clothes for Dd are adorable (and practical). I hope she likes them.

Quiz: You Are Bright and Intuitive:You can take in a lot of information at once. You're excellent at remembering details, and you are able to see how each piece of the puzzle fits together.
Beyond understanding what's in front if you, you're also good at seeing what's missing.
Your energy level is fairly high and consistent. You are good at being able to get yourself going.
Your signature latte would be a skinny latte. Even if you aren't on a diet, you don't really like your food to weigh you down.

Hmm, sort of. I've been lacking in the energy department lately. *G*

I hope you have a wonderful day!