Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Post With No Name

The amount of sleep required by the average person is five minutes more. ~Wilson Mizener

This stupid cold rather knocked me on my butt yesterday, so I can only hope this entry is at least slightly coherent. Today was the first morning in a really long time that I haven't wanted to get out of bed. In fact, when I woke up at three (the dog needed to go out), I reset the timer on the coffee pot to 5 a.m., set the timer on the microwave to wake me and crawled onto the couch. I zonked out immediately -- and slept in until five for the first time in... well, forever. I would have slept later (I was still wicked dopey), but I needed to get the pages up for LASR.

Speaking of our lovely romance reviews site, I have been remiss. We have the most amazing week of contests going on and I haven't spoken a peep about them.

First off, Jude Atkins is giving away a copy of her book "Anna's Secrets" -- you can enter daily at the site OR you can join our author chat today and post a question to enter. Come on... it'll be fun! Jude is a lovely lady--descended from witches (just see her interview to find out more).

Deborah MacGillivray (one of the nicest, funniest, most generous authors I've had the pleasure to *virtually* meet) is in our author spotlight. She has donated a pile o' books for us to give away. So we are.

Not only do we have a set of four autographed books for the author spotlight contest, we ALSO have the same set (broken up into one set of two historicals and one set of two contemporary) we're giving away at the reviews blog. There are chances to win every day this week (so page back through the reviews from earlier this week...you don't want to miss out).

I had the privilege of reading her contemporary books and was seriously WOWed by how good they are. You don't want to miss out, folks. They're funny, sexy, suspenseful... actually, they pretty much cover the entire spectrum of what makes a story great.

Okay. I'm gushing. I'll stop. But seriously folks, you want these books.

===========================

I'm itching to share my "One Love for Liv" cover with you, but haven't heard if it's been approved yet. The moment I do, I'll let you know.

I wonder if there is some rule about sharing the "failed" covers... Hmm...

===========================
Today's random quiz:

Your Guy Is Not Pretty!

Your boyfriend is more hetero than John Wayne. End of story.
While it may be hard to get him to go dancing or shopping...
You know that he can always stand up for and take care of you.
Which is waaaay more attractive than a few well placed highlights.


Aside from the fact he is my HUSBAND, and not my boyfriend, this is pretty well right on.

8 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

Feel better soon! Isn't this cold supposed to be waning by now?

Ugh. I hate the stuffy feeling that comes with a cold.

Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! Isn't it funny to say "slept in to 5 a.m."?

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Hey, this should make you feel better. I just checked TWRP and Don't Fence Me In is #9 on the overall bestseller list.

You made it! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

*hugs* I hope you kick that cold soon!!!

Jen said...

Feel better, M, and get as much sleep as your body tells you to!

Brandy said...

You need the extra sleep right now, so SLEEP! I hope you feel better soon.

Dru said...

Your body wanted that extra sleep time. Good for you. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Melissa McClone said...

Oh, I thought you were feeling better. Sorry to hear this has you down so badly. Take care of yourself, Marianne!