Friday, January 18, 2008

Freezing Friday

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - Christopher Robin to Pooh

I just love Winnie the Pooh. Don't you?

Hey... here's a shocker: IT'S SNOWING.

Incredible. Wow. Dru, I'm telling you what, if I could send it to you, I would--in a heartbeat.

DD was sick yesterday. Crikey...if it's not one, it's the other. So far I've escaped all the various creeping-cruds that are running around the house (knock wood), but it's made a mess of my life the past week or so. It's a little tough to run errands, for instance, when you can't leave the dog, or the daughter, for more than 15 minutes at a time...

=====================

Oh. Oh. Oh. I saw my cover for "One Love For Liv" and I really like it!! And... I can't show it to you yet. Stupid rules. *G*

I will say this: It's animated. And it's cute. And I really think, except for the lack of a bull mastiff on the front, that it really covers what the story is about. It's currently tiled as wallpaper on my computer, and I keep minimizing this window to look at it.

The minute I have permission, I'll post it here.

======================

Hey, folks... I can SEE out of my left eye, and quite well. It's just that my eyes don't much like to work together any more. I have "20" vision in my right eye, but not my left. Don't worry that I'm going to run you off the road, or that I have a blind spot. And, yes, I'm going to go to the eye doctor... dang it. My DH says I'm lucky that I've not needed glasses this long. I tell him it's almost worse never having had to wear them. Ugh.

=======================

Yesterday, Brandy told me to get to work on my writing. She's right. I do have "Kitchen Matches" out, but they're doing the editor shuffle where I sent it, and I'll have to wait a bit until it's assigned. I really need to get some more stuff submitted. Because of my little story at LASR yesterday, I felt the need to take another look at Camilla's story. I still like it. Too bad I have no idea how it's going to end. I know I need to tear the happy couple apart and then put them back together again... I just don't know how I'm going to do it.

So, should I work on Camilla? Or the fantasy? Or the novel I want to write to submit to a print press? Ack... we won't talk about my mystery. Or "Playing House". Or any of the half dozen short stories I've begun.

Focus, M. Focus.

===================

Dear heavens. I picked Dakota up yesterday, and I think she's put on 5 pounds since the day before. I had to loosen her collar AGAIN. She's getting HUGE. And, she's getting better about most stuff. She's not eating my plants any more. She *mostly* stays out of the wood for the fire. She only torments the cat a little...

But...

She's still really mouthy and sassy. And when I tell her no, sternly, she puts her front paws down/butt up in play mode and barks at me. Sharply. Back talk from a puppy--what's up with that?

The Daily Dakota (I'm beginning to run out of original ideas for this... it may become the Weekly Dakota...though I really do prefer the nifty alliteration):



====================

And today's random quiz...

Your Celebrity Baby Name Is...

Starlite Blossom

5 comments:

Jen said...

Work on your fantasy... I NEED to read more of it! You left me hanging! And I think *that* could be sent to a print publisher, too, once you finish it.

Go, M, GO!!!

Melissa McClone said...

I love that quote!

Good luck with your writing. I need to do more on mine, too!

Dru said...

Good luck with your writing activities. I think you should start with what brings you excitement in starting it.

ooh, Jen likes your fantasy and wants to read more, perhaps you should start that one.

Your Celebrity Baby Name Is...

Moon Indiana


Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I like fantasies. For what that's worth. :)

My Celebrity Baby Name Is...

Coco Rogue


Hmm. I kind of like that. :)

Brandy said...

OOh, I didn't mean to get you in trouble. *g* Whatever sparks your interest the most and "speaks" to you, should be the one you work on first.

My celebrity baby name is :Sahara Raine.
I like it!

Dakota looks worn out. Glad to hear she's growing well.

Have a good evening!