Monday, February 19, 2007

Fun, Fun, Fun...

“If a man insisted always on being serious, and never allowed himself a bit of fun and relaxation, he would go mad or become unstable without knowing it.” - Herodotus

I spent a good part of the day yesterday with my mom at the emergency room -- she fell several days back (have I mentioned that she's 73 y.o.?) and thought her arm was only bruised, but it hasn't been getting better. At the urging (nagging) of a fellow writer (doctor and horse enthusiast), I finally talked her into going for an x-ray. After umpteen hours, it was discovered that she'd broken her shoulder. The folks at the hospital were awfully nice, but it took so long. I'm tired and utterly brain dead even now (I would have slept past 5 a.m. but the cat woke me up). So, instead of my usual wit and repartee (LOL), I give you a few fun things to do:

Talk about your opinion on overused phrases or word in romance at Lynette Rees blog post at the Wild Rose Press authors blog!

Judy challenges us to be part of the Camel Book Drive. She also shared a new fun quiz.

Enter the contest at the Debutante Ball's "grog" (group blog).

Enter to win chocolate, a book and a gift certificate by signing the guest book at Allie's website.

Paperback Writer gives us yet another way to get the juices flowing: Dictionary Impossible. Try it and find new things to write about!

For February's contest, the Running With Quills authors are offering an autographed book from each of the Quills to one lucky winner -- that's SIX books!

Sign up to win more books at the Writerspace Author contests.

2 comments:

anno said...

Sorry to hear about your mother's shoulder -- I hope she's feeling better now and on her way to recovery. And I hope you have a more restful day today, as well.

Anonymous said...

*hugs* I'm glad you were able to convince your mom to get checked out.