Sunday, February 11, 2007

Book Meme

The worst thing in the world is to try to sleep and not to. ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

I need to sleep past 3:30 a.m., oh please, oh please...This is getting ridiculous. And, though my body is awake, my brain allows no original thought at this time. So I give you a book meme I stumbled across at David Card's blog.

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

Blue water by A. Manette Ansay

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

I read romance... I crush on practically every hero I read! I loved Cal from Bet Me, and all three heroes in Nora Roberts "Chesapeake Bay" series, definitely Brody from THE BOOK (not, oh-so NOT the movie) Angels Fall. And there are so many more.

3. The last book you bought is:

The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason.

4. The last book you read:

Angels Fall by Nora Roberts (I had to re-read it and get the awful movie out of my brain)

5. What are you currently reading?

Heartbreaker by Julie Garwood

The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman

You, on a Diet by Mehmet C. Oz and Michael F. Roizen

6. Five books you would take to a deserted island.

Oh, this is impossible.

I'd have to cheat and take some of those series composites that they publish now... something like Nora Robert's Donovan Family series, or the Born In series.

Maybe if I took the Lord of the Rings, I'd actually finally finish "Return of the King".

I'd probably grab Anne McCaffrey's "Dragonriders of Pern".

Maybe an encyclopedia.

And lastly, I'd definitely take some really big, comprehensive survival guide.

7. Who are you going to to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

I'm not tagging anyone specific ... but if you read this and want to play, feel free!

3 comments:

anno said...

I loved Bet Me, everything about it, and maybe especially Cal.

I hope you get a good night's sleep soon. Waking up before 3:30 a.m. is tough.

Judy said...

Even for an early bird like you, 3:30 is ridiculous. When Bob has trouble getting up too early, he takes a diphenhydramine before bed. It makes me dopy the next day, though (not that I need a lot of help being dopy!!)

Anonymous said...

*hugs* on the lack of sleep. It sucks.