Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Interview with Gordon Kessler

Folks, I asked Gordon to my blog because I love his work. He was here earlier in the year talking about his thriller, "Brainstorm" and today he's sharing a bit about his horror/thriller, "Jezebel". Since it has dogs as central characters, it was a no-brainer to have him on the blog.

His post is also part of a Goddess Fish Promotions tour, so everyone who comments is eligible to win a $50 Amazon GC.

AND!!! All his eBooks are only $0.99 right now from Amazon, iBook, B&N, Kindle and Smashwords.com. I highly recommend you give his work a try if you're at all fond of the thriller genre. You won't be disappointed. I'm buying his books for one of my friends who's terribly hard to Christmas shop for. I know she's going to love them.



Gordon, welcome back! Tell us a bit about yourself for those who might have missed you last time.

A former US Marine recon scout, parachutist and Super Squad team leader, I teach novel writing and am president of the Kansas Writers Association. I try to stay connected to writers and the writing industry by doing speaking engagements at writers conferences and for writers organizations, and do my own "The Storyteller" seminar in Wichita, Lincoln (Nebraska), Kansas City, and other Midwestern cities based on my Novel Writing Made Simple book.

What is the most interesting fact about you?

Maybe that I like to pull things from my real life and use them in my thriller novels. I've been privileged to go many places and do many exciting things in my life.

What got you into blogging?

I've found it a great way to get in touch with readers and to promote my writing, especially my thriller novels Jezebel, Dead Reckoning and Brainstorm as well as my book on the novel writing craft, Novel Writing Made Simple.

What is your favorite genre of books?

Thrillers, because there's usually a good mix of drama, romance, suspense and intense action. Where else can you have it all?

Name an achievement that you are most proud about? Why?

I was a founder of the Kansas Writers Association, a group of about 150 writers, back about 15 years ago. It's still a thriving organization and I'm privileged to come back and be their president this year after being away for some time.

What is your favorite hobby?

Writing is top on my list. I have a "real" job that keeps me extremely busy, so writing is my "getaway" when I'm home. Second on my list is teaching new or struggling writers how to write better. When I find the time and the place, I also enjoy snow skiing, sailing and SCUBA diving.

What way is the industry going? EBooks or Books? Which one do you like? Why do you think the industry is going this way?

EBooks are definitely the future. Still, there's something to be said about the inviting feel, look and even the smell of a paperback or hardcover. However, I travel a lot, and being able to carry thousands of books on my tablet makes it very convenient. Also, with the new eBook readers and applications for PCs, they're made it as easy or easier to read from the screen than from a paper book inside a dim airplane.

The industry is quickly going to the eBook—but don't get me wrong, there will always be a place for paper. Still, I know that not only brick and mortar chain bookstores, but also the independent mom and pop stores, and even libraries are having to diversify to stay viable. I say, patronize your neighborhood library and local indie bookstore often. But when you have to go with convenient....

Bloggers, how about giving me your comments on the Halloween season; what makes a good scare for you?

Here’s how to find out more about my novels:

The book videos on YouTube:

Jezebel -- http://youtu.be/_zHD9pmHOzk

Brainstorm -- http://youtu.be/6eDjWJFbRdI
.
Thanks again for hosting me on your wonderful blog!

Sleep lightly tonight…

A madman has come to town seeking a diabolical revenge and large dogs begin attacking their masters for no apparent reason and with heinous results.

Animal Control Director Tony Parker must find out why and stop the murderous attacks. Meanwhile, Jezebel, a huge black Great Dane has killed her master and is loose, terrorizing the city and stalking Parker and his family. Parker and Sarah Hill, his beautiful and seductive young assistant, attempt to unravel the mystery and stop the terrible carnage while dealing with their own demons and lusty desires.

The attacks must be stopped. Jezebel must be found-and soon, you see--there is one other complication. Parker seems to have come down with an annoying little virus. No, it's not one of those irritating summer colds. It's certain death.

She's a murderess, huge and black as a hell-bound night.

Beware. Jezebel is on the loose!


Read an exciting excerpt:

In the grayish soup, a dark vision appeared. Floating down the middle of the street, it slowly formed into a recognizable shape.

An animal. A large black animal. A huge Great Dane. It walked with confidence. Long, thin legs. Mouth closed, head and eyes fixed straight ahead. Occasionally, its feet splashed one of the pools. Light from the streetlights caused a sparkle from underneath its neck with every step of its left forefoot. A large diamond, set on a gold tag, captured the light and shot it out like a laser. The dog maintained its pace for what seemed like minutes.

Finally, it stopped. With its body still pointing down the street, it slowly turned its head to the right and looked up a sidewalk leading to the front door of a house. It stared, still emotionless, at the door. At Tony Parker’s door.

Visit Gordon online:

http://www.ReadersMatrix.com
http://www.Twitter.com/GordonKessler
http://www.Facebook.com/GordonKessler1
http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/GordonKessler
=====================

3 comments:

MomJane said...

Your book sounds exciting. I am going to get it on an e book. I love real books too, but it is so easy to get an ebook to read. I am going to try a couple of your books.

Melissa McClone said...

Nice interview. I still prefer reading paper copies myself, but my dh is addicted to his Kindle so I'm always on the lookout for books for hi!

Gordon Kessler said...

Thanks, Ladies! My thrillers are all available in paper as well, Melissa.