Wednesday, September 28, 2011

This and That

A quick post... because life is still getting away from me.

DD has her first ever school pictures today. :-)

Used a flea comb on Dakota yesterday. Discovered they work quite well, and that she has more than one flea. I still wouldn't say it's a massive infestation, but I did find 10 or so. Still working on containing it on my own, but she's developed odd brown spots on her skin that look like either dirt or freckles (not flea dirt... that's entirely different) and I'm concerned about those, so a trip to the vet may be in order. *sigh*

The weather has been gorgeous -- no frost yet, which is odd, but I'll take it. I'm still pulling the occasional tomoato from my garden, though they tend to be split on the top (that always happens near the end of the season ... wonder why?). I still have a few green beans, too, but that's it.

Lexie is still settling. I suspect this will be a very long process. She's fine with just me and the DH, but DD stresses her a bit (DD wants to hold her and play with her and whatnot ... I pretty much let her be) and she still thinks the dog is a threat.

She does like to play with the laser light though. :-)

Otherwise it's all the same here. Busy as heck to the point I can barely breathe, but I'm managing. If only I could discover how to survive on no sleep, life would be better.

Ah well....

Have a great hump day!!

====================




You Struggle With Impatience



You never feel like there is enough time in the day. You are overloaded and overburdened.

You tend to take on more than you can accomplish, and you drop the ball when you're not looking.

Life is short, but you're making it shorter by not giving yourself the rest you need.

If you only slowed down and took your time, you'd actually get more done.



Uh.. yeah.

===============

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Aww, I hope DD's school picture comes out great! Could the reddish/brown spots on Dakota's skin be blood from where she was bitten? Or like a strange bruise for the same reason?

Hope you find time for everything you need today!