Friday, May 27, 2011

Entertainment

Mirth is God's medicine. Everybody ought to bathe in it. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Another gorgeous day yesterday. I find that when I'm stressed or sad or unsettled, a walk around my yard really helps my attitude. So, even though I wasn't up to significant exercise yesterday because of my cold, I still took an extended stroll through: enjoying the plants, pulling the occasional weed, picking red lily beetles...

A couple of odd things yesterday. One: my ice trays grew stalagmites. I'm truly puzzled at how it might have happened. Check it out:




We still haven't used those cubes, as we're really mystified by them. Maybe we're just easily entertained?

Speaking of being easily entertained ... I was sitting at the computer yesterday, minding my own business, when the chipmunk from our rock wall visited. This can't possibly be the same one from several years ago that we used to feed, but for some reason, he mimics the same behavior: coming the back door and "knocking". This one, though, took it a step further yesterday when I ignored him.



Yes, that's right -- he climbed up my screen door. I got that picture right before he decided he could also climb glass and tried to keep going to the right. Needless to say, he failed. Don't worry, he was fine. Landed on the deck, shook his head and ran off... then came back about five minutes later to knock on the door again (though perhaps he learned his lesson, as he did not try to climb the screen).

I gave DD her annual Standardized Achievement Test yesterday. School is *almost* done -- though she's having trouble concentrating this week with the gorgeous weather. We have about eight more school days until it's all wrapped up. And then, I am retiring as a teacher. I'm still ambivalent about this. I know it's going to be good for her to be in school, but it's the first time she'll be away from me for any significant time... it's going to be weird. I'll miss having her around. I won't miss teaching her though. This past year has been tough and I'm very glad she'll be going to school for eighth grade.

No big plans for our weekend. Really, everything rides on the weather, and it's looking like nice days with afternoon thundershowers all three days, which means no boating for DH. Guess we'll see how it all pans out, since the weather people are not always right.

Anyone doing anything exciting?

=====================




You Like Change



You are easygoing and carefree. You like to hang loose whenever possible.

You don't seek out change, but you don't necessarily avoid it either. If it comes, it comes.

You are a big believer in letting go of control. You know that some things are simply up to fate.

You try to be good with whatever happens in life. You find your contentment from within.



This is almost completely wrong... lol...

======================

3 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

Those are some fun ice cubes! I'd be entertained, too.

The little flying animal? Wow!

Hope you're feeling better.

Thanks for the idea of making pancakes from the bread mix. I wouldn't have thought of that. I'm going to give it a try.

Dru said...

I kept looking at the picture because I thought it was a bat and was trying to figure out why you said it was a squirrel. Then I really looked, wow.

You Hate Change

You tend to believe that change only brings problems. You resist change as much as you can.

You are orderly and organized. You appreciate the stability routine brings to your life.

You prefer life to be predictable. You don't need excitement; you need stability.

You know what works for you, and you're not in a big rush to shake that up.


THis is 100% accurate

Looks like we share the same weather pattern, although I hope we don't get the thunderstorms.

Have a good day.

Brandy said...

I sometimes wonder how much longer we'll homeschool Daughter. Son, well, we'll be homeschooling him for a few years yet. I'm sure you and your DD will do great next school year. Will you have time to write more?
My quiz results were the same as Dru's and SO me. *G*
I hope the weather cooperates for you this weekend! Have an excellent weekend!