Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's My Party ....

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ~Chili Davis

Happy birthday to me. I realized yesterday (after I used a calculator to figure out how old I was... yes, really. After awhile I think age just doesn't matter any more and I really couldn't remember how old I was! LOL...) that I was going to be 44 on 1/11/11.

Four four on one one one one one.

I really thought that was cool.

It doesn't seem that I should be this age.

I'm not upset or demoralized at being 44 ... I'm not going to hide my age (though I do admit to coloring the gray out of my hair). Who cares how old I am?

Still, I always think I'm going to look in the mirror and see me at 19. It doesn't happen, and I'm often surprised when I look and see me at this age. "Really? How did that happen?"

This is my sister and me from a few years ago.

I graduated high school twenty-seven years ago. I'll be married fourteen years this year. My daughter will be twelve in April. All these things remind me that I'm not a young chick.

But I still feel like on one the inside!

So, happy birthday to me. I am who I am...



I'm also blogging at the Marianne's blog today (All Day, All Night) if you'd like to swing by.

======================



You Are a Guru



Spiritual and thoughtful, you tend to take a step back from the world.

You're very sensitive to what's going on around you, yet you remain calm.

Although you are brilliant, it may take you a while to find your niche.

Your creativity is supreme, but it sometimes makes it hard for you to get things done.

Your strength: Your inner peace

Your weakness: You get stuck in the clouds

Your power color: Emerald

Your power symbol: Leaf

Your power month: November



Yanno, I have to disagree with about 75% of what this says ...

=====================

12 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Happy happy birthday!!!! How funny it's your birthday because I dreamed I came to your house last night! I met DD and Dakota and your dh, a very vivid dream.

Marianne Arkins said...

Mary! I'd love for you to visit :-)

Maybe you should come up here to get out of the snow. Ha.

MomJane said...

Those pictures bring back lots of happy memories.

Maria Zannini said...

Happy birthday, sweetie!!!

The 40s are the best. Embrace them!

And you look fantastic! I love that first picture of you in those long legs. I'll bet you had quite a few admirers carrying your books. :-)

Dru said...

Happy Birthday Marianne!

You and my niece share a birthday and she is tickled pink that it is 1-11-11.

Angelina Rain said...

Happy Birthday Girl!!!!! Hope your B-Day is everything you want it to be.

Didn’t you hear? The forties are the new twenties.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! As my Dad always said, "Age is just a number."

Love the quote from Chili Davis. And here's my five minutes of fame: I went out on a date with him xx years ago. :-) He was a riot. Lovely guy.

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Happy Birthday! I'm pretty sure that being 44 on 1/11/11 is all kinds of lucky.

Have a great year!

Brandy said...

Happy Birthday! Wishing you a wonderful and special day for a fabulous lady!

Tori Lennox said...

Happy birthday!!!! I know what you mean. I'm a few years older than you but in my head I'm 25 or 30. :)

Joanna St. James said...

Age really is just a number and i got gray... excuse me silver hair at 15.

Happy Birthday Princess and have a fabulous year ahead of you surrounded by the ones who love you

Diane Craver said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

I love your pictures - thanks for sharing them!

Sorry you had a bad headache yesterday.