Monday, January 24, 2011

The Deep Freeze

The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches. ~e.e. cummings

It's COLD. Really, really cold. Right now, the weather stations say we're running somewhere around 10 degrees below zero.

:::shivers:::

I felt so bad putting the dog out to go potty. It's bitterly cold and all I could think of is how fast she could get frostbite on her tootsies. At least she doesn't have to pull down her fur to pee. *G*

It's supposed to be cold today, with a "warm up" tomorrow: highs in the 20s. I may pull out my summer clothes. The bad news is, this is our forecast for the week:



Snow. Snow. Snow.

Granted, it won't be a zillion inches, like we've been having. But still.. I'm really, really sick of snow.

My DH has expressed the desire to be buried in Arlington when he dies. I told him I'd bury him there on my way south because if anything happens to him, I'm hightailing it to warmer climes.

Only two more months until the spring equinox. Hurry up, Spring!!

===================




You Are a Loyal Best Friend



You are true to your friends, and that goes double for your best friend.

You are trustworthy and faithful. Once someone is a friend, that person is a friend for life.

You are hard-working and believe in persevering. You don't give up on anything or anyone.

You make your friends feel stable and secure. You will be there through thick and thin.



Yep.

=====================

5 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Ref: ...I told him I'd bury him there on my way south because if anything happens to him, I'm hightailing it to warmer climes.

ROTFL. I nearly choked out a lung.

When it dips into the 30s at night, I complain about the cold here, but obviously I've become soft in my old age. I just don't want to be cold.

Marianne Arkins said...

Maria ... the Arlington thing is funny, but I swear it's true! LOL... I'm packing the day he dies. Okay, maybe the day after.

RE: cold -- I absolutely agree. I have super low blood pressure, among other things, and I just don't get warm. I can handle 100 degree temps, but the cold make me ache from head to toe.

Dru said...

I didn't like the news I woke up to...5 degrees outside and I had to go out there. I walked so fast to the train station.

LOL at where DH wants to be buried.

re quiz: the same as yours and it is true.

Brandy said...

You cracked me up with the Arlington tidbit. *g*

You Are a Thoughtful Best Friend
You are generous and caring. You often know exactly what your best friend needs.
You are good at helping others with their problems. You are very patient and compassionate.
You don't anger easily. You have a big heart, and you try your best to give others the benefit of the doubt.
You are protective of your friends and family members. You would do anything in your power for them.

Okay.
I hope you're having a good day and staying warm!

Tori Lennox said...

LOL re the Arlington thing!!!