Saturday, January 08, 2011

Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water. -- Carl Reiner

I laughed yesterday. Right after lunch, my DH lifted up his hand and showed me a big blister: "The stove burned me." ... I stuck out my finger and said, "Hey! Me, too!"

He did give me grief about having mine in a band-aid though ... called me a wimp. :-P

A week ago, the weather models were predicting more than a foot of snow Fri/Sat. Two days ago they downgraded it to 4". Last night we didn't even get one flake. I'm terribly disappointed. This means, no trip to the dog park today because the slush from last weekend has frozen into rough, hard "waves" and I was looking forward to some new snow for padding.

It also means that the long weekend snowmobiling trip my DH was planning for a couple weeks from now many not happen. More than half the snowmobiling trails are closed for lack of snow. This makes DH a very VERY grumpy man.

I never thought I'd say this, but: PLEASE LET IT SNOW!!

===================

Yesterday, Angelina Rain asked: What is LASR/WC?

Sometimes I forget you all haven't been around here on my blog since it started, lol. LASR/WC is the reviews site I co-own: The Long and the Short of It. It consumes much of my life... but it's a labor of love.

====================




You Are Realistic



You see the world as it is. You are don't get too caught up in idealism.

You are more of a doer than a dreamer. And there's always something important at the top of your to-do list!

You are a hard worker, and you enjoy being productive. You especially like working with your hands.

You highly skilled in at least a few technical areas. You enjoy improving what you know how to do.



HAHAHAHA.... this NAILED me. Always freaks me out a little when that happens...

=================

4 comments:

Dru said...

Tell me about it. They said 3-6 inches of snow and we got nothing. We still have lots of dirty snow mounds which the other day I saw my building maintenance guys shooting hot water out the window trying to shrink those mounds.

You Are Conventional

You are down to earth and practical. You do extremely well with structure.

You're pretty happy with your life as it is. You've got a good thing going on.

You work hard... but not too hard. You always have time for your family and friends.

You don't think there is a secret to life. Simply do the right thing, and you'll be fine.

Pretty much accurate.

Have a great Saturday.

Angelina Rain said...

Oh wow, I’ve been to that review site countless times and had no idea that you co-owned it. That’s so cool. I was disappointed to see that neither one of my publishers sends you free copies of their books, but that’s okay, I’ll send it to you. I will have to request an author interview, good thing I write erotica as their interview schedule doesn’t seem to be as full. Lastly, I will have to send you my trailer and stuff when my book comes out. I finally made a trailer for my anthology entry and it turned out better than I expected.

Brandy said...

Aww, poor Dakota. No doggie park. We're supposed to get a couple of inches of snow on Monday. We'll see, we never seem to get any when they say we will.

My results: You Are Artistic
You are a highly creative person. Making things makes you feel satisfied.
And while you enjoy creating art most, you can definitely also appreciate the art of others.
You are original and expressive. You follow your own rules and do things your own way.
You appreciate any attempts others make at self-expression. You like it best when people can be themselves.

Hahahaha! No.

I hope you have a spectacular day!

Tori Lennox said...

I hope you get some snow!