Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thanks!

Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. ~Larry Lorenzoni

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes. I didn't get a chance to respond to everyone yesterday in comments -- the reason was threefold.

1. It was my birthday. I actually didn't spend THAT much time online.

2. I was fighting a ridiculously bad headache all day AND I couldn't take any pain meds for it. For two weeks before my surgery, I can't take any nutritional supplements or pain meds.

3. We're having a HUGE snowstorm (finally!) here today, so I had to run a million errands yesterday that I normally would have split between the two days.

So, I'm responding here. :-)

Mary said: How funny it's your birthday because I dreamed I came to your house last night! I met DD and Dakota and your dh, a very vivid dream.

I actually responded to hers, but I'll repeat: I'd LOVE to have you over for a visit. :-)

My mom said: Those pictures bring back lots of happy memories.

Mom, you know -- I only just noticed that I think I'm wearing the same dress in both pictures! Made me laugh. I'm pretty sure I had more than one outfit, so what are the odds?

Dru Ann said: You and my niece share a birthday and she is tickled pink that it is 1-11-11

I KNOW! I didn't even realize it until everyone made a big deal about the New Year being 1-1-11. It's kinda cool.

Angelina Rain said: Didn’t you hear? The forties are the new twenties.

I only wish I felt like I did in my twenties. I was the Energizer Bunny back then!

Liz Fichera said: Love the quote from Chili Davis. And here's my five minutes of fame: I went out on a date with him xx years ago. :-) He was a riot. Lovely guy.

VERY cool. My closest claim to fame is that my sister dated Jimmy Osmond once. I think. Unless she made it up. LOL...

Charity said: Happy Birthday! I'm pretty sure that being 44 on 1/11/11 is all kinds of lucky.

I KNOW, right? I meant to buy a Mega Millions ticket but plum forgot. As a side note, Charity and I share half-birthdays. Hers is on 7/11 -- easy for me to remember that way. *G*

Brandy said: Wishing you a wonderful and special day for a fabulous lady!

Awww, :::blushes::::, thanks!!

Tori said: I know what you mean. I'm a few years older than you but in my head I'm 25 or 30. :)

It's good to know I'm not alone in my weirdness. *G*

Joanna St. James said: Age really is just a number and i got gray... excuse me silver hair at 15.

HA! I got my first gray hairs in high school. I can remember sitting in English Lit with Mike Valdez sitting behind me. Every so often he would reach out and YANK! a gray hair out. LOL...

Edited to add the comment I forgot:

Maria Zannini said: And you look fantastic! I love that first picture of you in those long legs. I'll bet you had quite a few admirers carrying your books. :-)

The funniest thing is -- I had this one kid, Mike Vorhees, always trying to kiss me (this was in fourth grade). I was NOT into boys then, and I hated it. Once, on the bus he grabbed me when I was walking past to get off at my stop, so I decked him with my books. The bus driver just laughed... and he never bothered me again. Ah, those were the days...

Again, thanks everyone for your birthday wishes. They were wonderfully warm and fuzzy :-)

Today it's actually snowing here. Imagine that -- snow in the northeast. SHOCKING.

DH is staying home because we're expecting a foot or more, so today could be interesting. But at least I don't have a headache. Yet.

====================




You Are Shy in Real Life



You are modern and up on the latest trends. You resist getting stuck in a rut.

You are confident and sure of yourself. You may not be prefect, but you're happy with what you've got.

You are happily productive and balanced. You like to work hard, but you always make a little time for your friends.

You consider yourself to be a responsible person. You will do whatever needs to be done.



Oddly, this is pretty close to right on, except for the first part (I'm SO not up to date on stuff). LOL...

======================

4 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

And I get left out. Pfht!

:grin:

Sorry you had a headache yesterday. Do you think it was weather-related?

I didn't realize that surgery was so close already. I wonder why they wouldn't let you use pain meds so far in advance.

With any luck you can celebrate your birthday again today to make up for yesterday.

Marianne Arkins said...

ACK! How did I miss you??? Clearly, I needed more coffee. I'm sorry for being so pitifully rude.

:-P

re: Pain meds (except Tylenol, which I don't have) can be blood thinners, so they don't want them in the system. I didn't even think to stop for Tylenol yesterday. Oh well.

Brandy said...

Hope you had a great Birthday! You're finally getting snow! We're just starting to thaw out.

Quiz results:You Are Shy in Real Life
You're pretty comfortable with your life. You like routine, and you avoid big changes.

You aren't sure of yourself yet. You sometimes envy people who are confident.

You get easily distracted in your life. You often forget about the things that you love.

You consider yourself a private person. You don't mind showing who you are, but you save the best stuff for your good friends.

About 75% correct. I would NEVER forget the things I love.

I hope you have a blessed day!

Dru said...

Glad you had a good birthday.

BTW, when is your surgery? and is it an out-patient procedure?

You Are Outgoing in Real Life

You're pretty comfortable with your life. You like routine, and you avoid big changes.

You are confident and sure of yourself. You may not be prefect, but you're happy with what you've got.

You are happily productive and balanced. You like to work hard, but you always make a little time for your friends.

You consider yourself a private person. You don't mind showing who you are, but you save the best stuff for your good friends.

I am not outgoing, but otherwise it is accurate.