Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Random Gabbing and NaNo Dreams

And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. ~Sylvia Plath

We've had frost the past two days. This is the toughest time of the year for me -- I ache to bring in my annuals so they won't die. Leaving them outside KNOWING that they're going to get killed is one of the hardest things to do for me. The portulaca are already gone (though I'm probably going to go out and collect seeds) but the zinnia and petunias are still hanging on. I'm itching to pull in the two pots I have planted... but so far I've resisted.

It's unseasonably warm here, so I shouldn't complain. That doesn't mean it's WARM -- we're having highs in the 60s -- but I'm trying to remember that we usually get our first hard frost in mid-September. DH has requested most of November off for hunting and it made me remember why doing NaNoWriMo is doubly hard. Because DH is around messing with my already crazy routine! Oy...

Speaking of NaNoWriMo , I've done some more plotting on the story and have found out lots of interesting information on Geoff ... things I never would have guessed from writing him in "One Love for Liv". It's fascinating how characters can spill their guts when you just relax and let them.

I need to research organ transplants (probably kidney, since I'd prefer my donating character to live).

I kept trying to throw in some significant external conflict, but the characters told me NO. They said they have enough to worry about with the internal conflicts. Of course, there is some external conflict, but apparently it's not going to be the major issue. Of course, it IS NaNoWriMo , so that could all change as the fingers take over.

The next thing I need to do is to look through the list of dares on the NaNoWriMo forum. I love to use dares when I hit a road block. Using dares is what created an entire character in "Liv", and one that I ended up adoring and having so much fun with -- Frank, the chaser of world records.

I also need to figure out who is going to have a pet. I don't think it can be my heroine, because she runs a cooking business in her home, and I think that's a code violation, which leaves Geoff ... and that could be interesting. OH... OH... I just had a great idea!!! Nope, not sharing, but am going to add it to my NaNoWriMo notes.

The best part about writing a book that doesn't take itself seriously is that you can do pretty much anything you want, even if it's a bit crazy. And random. For instance, when Judy and I first started the LASR/WC site, we had a person who regularly entered our contests and had the funniest name. She told me I had to use it in a book someday. So ... I am. And she's a fun character -- one I added simply because I wanted to use the name. I suspect she'd going to become fairly integral to the plot now. I wonder what the real person is like?

In any case, I'm doing the best I can to plan and arrange for success in NaNoWriMo . There's no guarantee of course, but I'm going to give it the best push I can.

In the meantime, it's time for me to go wake up my house. Wishing you all a fabulous day!

==========================




You Sometimes Attend to Your Emotions



You can express your emotions, but it's not always easy for you. It takes you a while to open up.

You always make your decisions based on facts and logic. You never listen to your heart, because you know it can lead you astray.

You are somewhat emotionally responsive. You react emotionally, but you are not overly sensitive.

You are not a very empathetic person. You tend to look at things cooly and rationally.



Just call me Spock.

Live long and prosper.

======================

5 comments:

MJFredrick said...

I'm about to EXPLODE waiting for NaNo. I have like the first three chapters written in my head. Before then, I have 80 pages to revise, though, so....

I do need to check out the dare page, though!

Dru said...

You sounds better in today's post.

You Always Attend to Your Emotions

You can express your emotions, but it's not always easy for you. It takes you a while to open up.

You balance heart and head when conducting your life. Facts matter, but feelings matter too.

You are somewhat emotionally responsive. You react emotionally, but you are not overly sensitive.

You are not a very empathetic person. You tend to look at things cooly and rationally.


It's about right.

Have a good Wednesday.

Brandy said...

You sound so excited for NaNo today! *g* I thought I was the only one who felt bad when plants die. Your hubby is taking the entire month of November off? Whoa.

You Sometimes Attend to Your Emotions
You can express your emotions, but it's not always easy for you. It takes you a while to open up.
You balance heart and head when conducting your life. Facts matter, but feelings matter too.
You are very emotionally responsive. It's not difficult to tug on your heartstrings.
You are an extremely empathetic person. You find it easy to put yourself in someone else's shoes.

This one is pretty darn close!

Hope you have an interesting and enjoyable day!

Ceri Hebert said...

I can't wait til November, but I'm also afraid. I still haven't made a firm commitment on what wip I want to tackle.

I want a character with an odd pet. Like a chicken. I'm inspired by my kid's 4-H chickens. My son has a cute little gray hen named Bubbles. She's worthy of being a character. But where I don't know.

Maria Zannini said...

Maybe you should hold a contest on what to name the pet.

I want to know what kind of pet you're going to give the hero. Pleeeeeease, please, please, please?

Don't keep us in suspense.