Friday, October 26, 2007

If I Must

Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason. ~ Richard C. Trench

I had some interesting comments, yesterday, in regards to MY comments on the overuse of "that" in writing. Please note, its isn't that I'm opposed to using that word when it is necessary. The point was, that sometimes its use isn't necessary. The Long and the Short of It actually had a lovely article about that word last week, that may help clear up what I meant.

============================

Judy and I were gabbing the other day, and somehow (I don't remember how) we decided to go on Weight Watchers together. I must be out of my mind -- I'm going to attempt NaNoWriMo without the benefit of unlimited chocolate! So, to help keep me accountable, I'm putting up a weight loss ticker. Yikes!

Today, the ticker is here. But tomorrow, it will be on the sidebar. Heaven help me.




=============================

My eyeballs were killing me yesterday -- too much computer, probably. So I opted to write, last nigh, in longhand. Shocking, but true. Judy suggested a new idea (and, Judy, you were right, it's easier to *ahem* write a lot than none, LOL...) and I ran with it, to the tune of seven handwritten pages. I need to transcribe it, now, but at least I'm writing again.

==============================

ANIMOLOGY: What Animal Are You?
Your Result: Tan Giraffe

Loner. You're a sort of a loner, but you are very brave and a quick thinker. You have a little secret: you like to help others. Soul Mate is the Red Jaguar, but you hate the Marroon Panda.

Gold Falcon
Ocre and Gray Dolphin
Red Jaguar
Silver and Red Wolf
Teal Cat
Blue Fox
Yellow Trout
ANIMOLOGY: What Animal Are You?


Grrr.... Just THINKING about a maroon panda makes me angry...

7 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

Good luck to you and Judy! I've tried WW but never stuck. The only time I had success was when I was between marriages and I had a roommate who was motivated. We walked daily and ate mostly fruit and veggies. hmm...

I'm a November baby and my hubby is a December baby Double whammy. Oh, and my son is a December baby. What was I thinking?

10k in a week? might be doable. Actually I have a bunch handwritten so I'm ahead of the game.

Have a great day!

Jen said...

See your animal alter ego is the you post WW!

Melissa McClone said...

Your Result: Silver and Red Wolf

*howl* You're a very strong person. You tend to be naive most of the time, but when in love boy do you know how to get around! You prefer to be quite around adults. Your soul mate is the gold falcon. You're in conflict with the maroon panda.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the writing!!!

I got:

Your Result: Gold Falcon

High in the sky! You are a very intelligent person. You get your pride in the way and it sometimes get very high, but you're a very romantic person. Your soul mate is the Silver and Red Wolf. You're in conflict with the Teal Cat.


I can live with that. :)

Dru said...

Good luck with WW and kudos to you for writing your pages.

Your Result: Ocre and Gray Dolphin

Sea! You're a very hearty person being a good friend. You attract many friends because of your lovely personality, but you're sometimes pretty weird. Your soul mate is the Bronze Goat. You hate the Peach Pig.

Brandy said...

Awww, Tori, I got the Teal Cat!

Best of luck with weight watchers. There is no way I could ever tell anyone I know my weight. You're a brave soul!

Have fun with the writing.

den said...

Hey, Marianne! Hope you don't mind if I link your blog up ^_^ I love reading your adventures as an aspiring romance writer.

Oh, and best of luck with WW! ^_^