Friday, April 06, 2007

WikiHow, WikiHuh?

“"But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."” - Lewis Carroll

I'm pooped. Yesterday was a long day. How is it that spending the day doing nothing (well, except shoveling the driveway in the morning) is more exhausting that staying busy?

The dog and DD played in the snow while I scooped. Unfortunately, the dog played a little too hard and hurt her leg (the one she had surgery on last fall). Poor puppy. As a result, she put herself to bed at about 6 p.m. I knew this would result in her having to get up and go potty at some ungodly hour, but I didn't want to make her go up and down the stairs again on (or off, as the case may be, since she wasn't putting weight on it) her leg.

So, I was awakened at midnight because DD had nightmares. Again. Must come from a vivid imagination.

And then I was awakened at 3:20 a.m. by the dog to go out. I curled up on the couch and promptly became a cushion for the cat, until the coffee pot went off at 4:30 a.m.

*YAWN*

So if you're expecting anything coherent from me, you'd be mistaken.

I do have to share some funny things I've seen on WikiHow. The titles pop up on my home page, and sometimes I just have to look.

Most recently?

How to Open a Champagne Bottle with a Sword - Wouldn't want to simply tug the top off like a normal human being.

How to Rip a Phonebook in Half - Amaze and impress your friends!

How to Report a UFO Sighting - There's an instruction book for this? Really?

How to Regain Control of a Spooked Camel - I hate it when my camel gets spooked. Thankfully, it doesn't happen very often.

How to Stop Being Apathetic - I'm not sure what this says, I just couldn't summon the desire to open it.

How to Stop the Cycle of Reincarnation - Wait... what? Why wouldn't I want to keep coming back if I could?

There are so many more, it's amazing. But I'll stop for now.

Happy Friday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love WikiHow! I keep thinking I might use the camel thing in a book someday. :)

anno said...

Opening a bottle of champagne with a sword? Now there's a skill that might impress even M.....

Melissa McClone said...

Sorry you're so tired. I'll have to check out some of those when I have more time. they look fun!