Saturday, April 07, 2007

Easter Prep and Pictures

“The best books for a man are not always those which the wise recommend, but often those which meet the peculiar wants, the natural thirst of his mind, and therefore awaken interest and rivet thought” - William Ellery Channing

No, the quote has nothing to do with my post today. I just liked it :-)

DD had craft day at her Gram's a couple days ago, and one of the things she did was decorate eggs. I don't buy white eggs (we're a cage free egg-eating family, and those only come in brown), so we had to get creative.

Here are her eggs:



She ate Prince John before I got this taken, so the royal family is down by one.

We're attending an Easter egg hunt on Sunday at my BIL/SIL's home. There should be eight kids there (though two are fresh out of the womb, and probably won't be involved, LOL) and a good time should be had by all, provided it doesn't snow.

Speaking of snow, I forgot to post pictures from the other day, so here is my lovely back deck after the storm (it does look a little better now, though still snow-covered):



Thousands of homes were without power after the snow -- a scary thing since so few people are prepared for that anymore. For instance, we're the only folks on our street with a fireplace. I can't imagine living out here (or anywhere it gets this cold in winter) without an alternate heat source.

What else? Oh, writing. It's going slow. I can't seem to settle down comfortably with just one project. So I hop from this to that to that one over there. Stuff is getting done, certainly, but I'm probably not working as efficiently as I could be. Still, I suppose something is better than playing Dice Wars continuously on the computer.

Today, DH will be home. DD has no school. I'm not certain what this will mean to my productivity. Since I have about 40 minutes left before DD gets up, I'll sign off here and see what I can get done before the house awakens.

Only one more day to comment and get your name in for the giveaway! Check in tomorrow to see the winner (or, if I can't stand it, I may post tonight after DD draws the name before she goes to bed).

Have a great day :-)

1 comment:

Allie Boniface said...

Lovely snow...we have some this morning just in time for Easter. Back from a trip south, where 60 miles from the Texas border it was *still* only 50 degrees and cloudy. Brr!

Can't believe *everyone* who lives anywhere in New England doesn't have an alternate fuel source for when the power goes out...