Thursday, February 10, 2011

Waiting For Spring

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain

I've made some jokes about the snow melting here by June... but I gotta tell you, I suspect once it warms up above freezing on a regular basis, it'll be gone lickety-split. We had days in the low 40s this weekend -- two of them -- and we lost a good 8 - 10" of snow to the melt. Our mailbox is now above the snow!

I've started getting gardening catalogs in the mail -- it's so tempting to buy stuff, but honestly I don't need any more ornamental plants. I will go to my local Agway and get seeds (they have SO MANY CHOICES!) and then get some annuals later, but I'm avoiding the temptation of the catalogs so far. I think I'm going to plant at least one or two new veggies this year, just because. And, if my knee holds up, I'm going to expand the area of my garden a bit because you can't grow too many veggies.

I can't WAIT until spring.

I've written another 255 words and am actually thinking I might finish this story. Amazing ... I have a screwy timeline I need to figure out, though, because this story -- "Now and Forever" is actually going to be happening at the same time as the next story in one has apparently become a series in my brain, "Drive Me Crazy". Still, it's moving forward, slow and steady.

=======================




You Are a Zebra



You are a multifaceted and complex person. The front you provide is even a bit of an illusion.

You are a study in contradictions and strong contrasts. You believe that there is more than one way to look at things.

You also believe in accepting yourself. You feel different from everyone else, and you embrace that.

You inspire others to be their true selves and even flaunt what they've got!



Um .... okay. Maybe?

==============

4 comments:

Angelina Rain said...

I’m glad you have warmer weather. We have been bitterly cold here in Chicago the last couple of days. I hate it. My book finally released yesterday so I went out to celebrate. I froze my arse off!

I want to make a veggie garden this year. My hubby and I tried making one last year but it didn’t work out so well. All of our veggies came out squishy. Maybe it was because we planted everything in the sunniest part of the yard where the veggies got like 18 hours of direct sunlight. I don’t know, I’m a blonde when it comes to gardening.

It seems like writing a little a day is working out for you. I’m glad you found what works for you. I’m still trying to find my best writing technique.

Dru said...

It's amazing what one day of rain and several 40 degrees days can shrink the tall snow mounds.

Kudos on your word count.

You Are a Cow

You are nurturing by nature, and you value close relationships with friends.

You are gentle and patient. You let people be exactly who they are.

You are predictable, stable, and consistent. You believe that people need to rely on someone in this crazy world.

You are unemotional and calm. When you feel something, you usually don't let it show.


It's 90% accurate.

Brandy said...

WTG on the writing! I'm sure Spring will arrive soon enough.

You Are a Penguin
You are a very flexible and imaginative person. You are ready to go anywhere and do anything.
You can be hilariously funny, but you have a serious side to you as well. You are even spiritual.

You are happy being yourself, and you strive to be honest above all else. You're proud of who you are.
You are quirky, charming, and creative. You love to play, and playing with you is an adventure.

About 25% correct.
I hope you have a good day with more melting snow!

Tori Lennox said...

Hooray for warmer weather!!!