Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baby Steps

Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you. ~John De Paola

Yesterday was obscenely busy. Just plain crazy. We started a new promo in LASR/WC for Easter, and I got slammed with emails (which is good... but not, yanno?), we were all running out of socks and undies, so laundry was a must-do (six loads... yeah, it had been a while), the dog needed her food made (chop, chop, cook, cook, grind, grind), we had books due at the library, I had no cheese for what I had planned for dinner (drive, drive).

I ran flat out all day long.

Dinner, though, should be getting easier soon for two reasons. First, I'm doubling everything and making one pan for the freezer on anything I can (last night I made enchiladas -- one for us, one for the freezer), so I'll have things I can just pull out on nights that are crazy (like my agility nights where I lose a good four hours). Second, I'm having DD work with me every time I cook now in the hope that she'll eventually be able to take over cooking at least a couple nights a week (she can already do the simpler stuff like stew and spaghetti). She may not like that idea so much (yesterday ... after I washed and she dried/put away three sets of dishes, and then I told her she was helping me cook, she said, "Do I get paid for this?" and I replied, "Yeah: room and board."), but it's all part of growing up, IMHO.

During the time I was sending out about 100 email responses for the promo yesterday, my brain was working on my story. I just let it drift and kept a pad of paper beside the computer to scribble ideas. I had a few that will be so much fun to write... my favorite thing about writing romance that's a little nuts is that I can do just about anything and it's okay (like my character in "One Love for Liv" who is trying to break a Guinness World Record).

I still have obscene amounts of work to do, but that's okay. I took advice from Kris Kringle yesterday (couldn't find the original clip, but this works):



So, I'm off to put one foot in front of the other...

===================




You Are Sleepy



You are an easy-going, relaxed person. You don't have a care in the world, and you find it easy to nod off anytime.

People enjoy being around you. You are a complete natural, and you always act however you feel.



Despite what people may think, you don't have a lazy bone in your body. You are a very hard worker.

When work needs to be done, you'll work your hardest. That's why you're so sleepy at the end of the day!



Uh... that first part? SO not right...

=====================

8 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

I tend to make big batches of things like spaghetti sauce and chili to go in the freezer. We haven't used our chest freezer in a while, but I think it's time to get it started again. I love having pre-prepared food like that.

Now I have a dog I may have to do the homemade dog food too.

groovyoldlady said...

You Are Happy
You are an inspiring and uplifting person. Your positive attitude has taken you far in life.
It's important to you that everyone gets along. You can't stand confrontation.

You are outgoing and friendly. You naturally put people at ease just by being around.
You want to make the world a better and happier place. You are willing to work hard to make things better.


Yep...that's me!

I love having the girls help me cook. Silly-Head LOVES to cook and has her own creative ideas and dashes. Girly-Girl only tolerates cooking because it's required. Oh well, I guess I'll get one chef and one eater...Guess they can happily live together after they leave home!

MomJane said...

umm,sort of fits, but not a extreme



You Are Doc
If you're not already a doctor, you should probably be one. You are a total brainiac.
You are extremely intellectual, and sometimes you find it hard to relate to other people because of it.

You're just on a completely different wavelength than everyone else. You are lost in your collection of facts and ideas.
Even though you make everyone around you feel a bit dumber, they like having you around. Your wisdom is always appreciated.

Dru said...

You Are Bashful

You love being part of a group, as long as you're not asked to participate. You rather just be around.

You are an excellent listener and a deep thinker. You are extremely sensitive and emotional.

You are very polite and caring. You think before you speak, and you never say anything you regret.

You are calm and collected. You don't crack under pressure, and you're always able to think clearly.

This is so me!

I hope today is much calmer for you.

Have a good Tuesday.

J.A. Saare / Aline Hunter said...

Hey M~

I was actually emailing you about said promo when my yahoo account was hacked. ;-)

See you tomorrow!

Jaime

Melissa McClone said...

Good luck with everything! Wow, that's a lot of emails!

I love freezer meals. It makes everything so much easier! I got out of the habit when I was on deadline, but need to get back to it!

Tori Lennox said...

I'm exhausted just READING about your day! Whew!

Brandy said...

That does sound like a trying day. I wish I could get in the habit of making freezer meals, but haven't yet. *G*
Re the quiz: I am Sleepy. Um, no. Not the first half anyway. *G*

Hope you have a less busy and great day!