Thursday, February 04, 2010

This and That

Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. ~Robert Orben

Thanks to all for your encouragement yesterday -- I appreciate your thoughts. Some were pretty close to right, lol. Fact is: my DH works 12 hour days at a job he doesn't like, so spends the weekends destressing. He does that so I can stay home with our daughter. He's also quite a neat freak, so my way of helping him be less stressed when he is home is by keeping the house very clean. DD helps where she can, but her school takes up a LOT of time anymore, so it's really up to me.

Also, I'm a wife and mom before I'm anything else -- that's MY job -- so those things relating to being a wife and mother take priority over everything else. OTOH, it's true that I don't deal well with letting things just sit when they need doing, especially when someone is counting on me to get them done.

But, I did take time for a walk again yesterday and that was good. I'll work it out.

====================

I posted on Healthful & Homemade today -- how I make my homemade pet food.

=====================

Speaking of people counting on me, I have a crit partner who asked me to take a quick look at a short story this a.m. -- so I'm off to do that.

Have a great day!

======================




You Are a Lava Lamp



You are dreamy, relaxed, and contemplative. You like to get lost inside your own head.

You never know where your thoughts will take you, and you consider reflection to be a wild ride.

You're happy to sit and be alone for long periods of time. You only do well with others who are like minded.

You appreciate other peaceful, creative types. Great things can come when great minds get together.



Yeah... that's mostly right.

======================

8 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

I hope you get some time to take a step back again today. It really works for me, just taking a short chunk of "me time"...I hope it works for you, too.

You've got an awful lot on your plate, and I'm always amazed by how well you juggle things. :)

Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer said...

Things will work out. I hate letting things just sit too, but then I have this knack for walking away to do something else because someone shouts I need to do it, and then I have a string of half-done projects in my wake.

But it is rather funny that the word verif. is nukened.... maybe you can nukened something...

MomJane said...

I hope today is better for you. Hugs

Diane Craver said...

Glad you got a walk in - that's great!

That's a blessing you are able to stay home with your daughter. I don't blame you for wanting the house clean for your husband when he works so hard to provide. I always appreciated staying home with our children.

Melissa McClone said...

Hugs! I've been cutting back on things and trying to prioritize things. You've probably heard of the rock, pebbles and sands, but go to this link and read it.

http://responsivereaction.blogspot.com/2007/05/rock-pebbles-and-sand-important-things.html

So much of what we do each day really isn't helping us take care of those important rocks in our lives. Putting those things front and center has really helped me decide what activities I need to cut (unfortunately a couple are year long commitments so I just can't get rid of them yet) and what to cut back on (such as being on-line.)

A person can only do so much. It's one thing to crash and burn caring for the rocks in your life. It's totally crazy to do it over the pebbles and sand!

Dru said...

It is the small steps that you take that will bring calmness into your life.

[{{Marianne}}}

Did you take another walk today?

Tori Lennox said...

Hooray for getting to walk! :)

Brandy said...

Glad you were able to get a walk in. I am the same way. My hubs works very hard, though he likes his job, to provide for us so that I may stay home and homeschool our children. I work hard to make sure he doesn't have much to do around here when he's off.

I hope you have a great day!