Friday, January 22, 2010

Update on Breeann

I just got back from picking the cat up from the vet. They did x-rays, ran blood tests on her kidney, liver and pancreas enzymes to see if they were elevated, did a physical exam, etc., and there is apparently nothing wrong with her. No tumors, no blockages, no elevated temperatures... nothing. In fact, her kidney enzymes are BETTER than they were during her annual exam over the summer (when they told me it appeared she was in the first stages of kidney failure). I've been treating her holistically, so I guess that is working, which is good.

In the meantime, several hundred dollars, a sleepless night and a lot of worry later, I apparently had a cat with a really, really bad case of heartburn. She's on antacids and bland food.

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and caring hearts.

========================

4 comments:

Brandy said...

So glad to know the Breeann is okay! Isn't that just like a kitty? Best wishes for a good day!

Dru said...

I'm so glad that Breeann is okay.

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Oh, so good to hear!

MJFredrick said...

Good news! Except for the hundreds of dollars part :(