Tuesday, January 05, 2010

No More Vacations

"In times like these it is good to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

So, yesterday was a a day that perfectly illustrated how NOT to use time efficiently.

First, I was up nice and early, went to upload the LASR/WC pages and had my problem with images not loading. So, I futzed and I putzed and I messed -- for THREE hours -- and then discovered it wasn't something I could fix anyway because it had to do with how the graphics were created.

Scratch working on my editing for my JaNoWriMo project in the morning.

Then, all day long, DD would NOT sit and do school for more than about ten minutes at a time. It was "MOM" this and "MOM" that and "Can you find my science book?" (this search took more than an hour) and "I don't WANT to do my report on Clara Barton, can I do it on the universe?" (the answer was "no" because it's supposed to be a research report and she is an astronomy freak, so wouldn't have to research much of anything ... we compromised, and she's doing it on the person who discovered pulsars), and "How do I find 7% of $2450?" (which she knew, but .... )

I hate vacations sometimes, because getting back into the groove is so hard.

Hopefully today will be better. So far, so good -- the LASR/WC pages went up without a hitch!

How was your first Monday of 2010?

=======================




Your Snow Test Says You're Independent



You feel like something good will happen to you in the next few days.

You have an amazingly strong work ethic. You are likely to be very successful in life.

You are an independent, individualistic person. You thrive when you're doing your own thing.

Your biggest worry in your life is your health. You tend to be a bit of a hypochondriac.

When it comes time to relax, you have difficulty relaxing. You are a bit high strung.



Except for the health part, it's pretty dang close. I'm ridiculously healthy, so certainly not a hypochondriac, lol...

==================

2 comments:

Dru said...

I'm glad everything worked this morning when your website.

Good luck with your JaNoWriMo writing today.

I think everyone feels that way when returning from an long vacation period.

Your Snow Test Says You're Independent

You feel like something good will happen to you eventually, but not soon.

You love to work, especially when work is creative. You have the makings of a successful artist.

You are an independent, individualistic person. You thrive when you're doing your own thing.

Your biggest worry in life is your family. You stay up at night thinking about them.

When it comes time to relax, you have no problem letting go. You are already pretty relaxed as is!

This is a pretty good assessment

Have a good Tuesday.

Brandy said...

It was a bumpy afternoon with my kids. Daughter sailed right through, but Son took a bit longer to finish his schoolwork as well. The hardest part is getting them started. After that they seem to do okay.

My quiz answer was the same as Dru's.

Hope today goes better for you!