Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Day After the Night Before

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. ~Simone Signoret

Well... DH and I got our date out last night. We went to TGI Friday's (we had a gift card *G*). I haven't been there in years. It was good -- the food was good, we talked and talked (without little pitcher's ears for a change). I'm glad we got to go. I did give DH a lecture about judging people, though. Our waitress had one arm that was completely tattooed and my oh-so-conservative DH said something to me about that. I gave him a nudge about looking at the inside, not at the outside (something we tell our DD all the time -- as an aside, Disney is actually a pretty good example of this, since the wicked queen is usually quite beautiful). She was a fabulous server, nice, fun and attentive.

Yesterday, my cat woke me up a 3:51 a.m. which didn't make me terrifically happy. She's been very good lately about letting me sleep until 5 a.m., so this was an anomaly. Since Sunday is the only day of the week I can sleep until whenever, though, I opted to lock her up in the basement last night.

This morning? Oh man, did she give me what for. She's a very vocal cat anyway, but she yowled and grumbled and yowled and grumble all the way up the stairs and into the kitchen. Clearly she was NOT pleased.

DH is staying home today to spend some time with DD. He was invited to go snowmobiling, but we had a talk about getting to know his DD and having a daddy/daughter date with her. Now... I think he's going to take her snowmobiling out back, so he still gets to play a little, but he's making an effort and I'm very pleased.

It looks like the wind has died down a little here, too (:::fingers crossed:::), so I may be able to take Dakota for a nice long walk as well. It's amazing how warm 18 degrees feels when it's not joined by 45 mph winds.

=======================




You Are a Vanilla Latte



Each day you wake up refreshed and ready to take on the world... even before you've had coffee!

You have amazing energy and stamina. You love to work hard and enjoy your rewards.

You are friendly and popular. People love you more than they even realize.

Your fresh, laid back, and happy attitude always makes things a little sweeter.



Ha.. uh... no, not really.

==========================

6 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

It has been pretty miserable, but just think... Dallas was at 15 degrees yesterday morning. Think how rough it is for them! At least we're more or less used to this.

Keep your fingers crossed, we're considering getting a dog (again) but have to get landlord approval. There are at least 2 other dogs in the building and we've been here the longest. Fair is fair.

Enjoy your day!

MomJane said...

The weather here is so so, but we did have an earthquake. 6.5, and it rattled my place, scared the dogs and made me a little nervous. It was about (I'm guessing) 75 miles due west of me.

Dru said...

I woke up this morning and the weather thing said 13 degrees. I went out on the terrace and it felt brrr colder.

I'm so glad you were able to have date night with DH. Do you think you'll do it more often?

You Are a Cinnamon Latte

Deep down, you are a sensitive soul. You just want to be loved and appreciated.

You may have a spicy attitude, but you're all sweetness on the inside.

You are dependable and loyal. You have you life together, and you're able to be there for other people.

You like nothing more than a warm, cozy house filled with friends and loved ones.
I pretended the questions were about hot chocolate since I don't drink coffee. Yeah, that's me.

oh no, MomJane...I'm glad you're okay and didn't have any damage.

Have a good Sunday.

Tori Lennox said...

It was 10 degrees here this morning. I'm so over winter. I'm ready for our highs in the 40s later this week.

Brandy said...

It was cold this morning here, too. I don't mind winter, I'm weird that way. However if it's going to be this cold I feel like we should have something to show for it-like snow. *G*

Glad the date night went ahead as planned. And the Father/Daughter time sounds like a good idea!

I hope you're having a great day!

Michele said...

Happy Birthday, M~!!!!