Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'd Like To Thank...

The words "I am" are potent words; be careful what you hitch them to. The thing you're claiming has a way of reaching back and claiming you. ~A.L. Kitselman

I got an award!

jmberrygirl awarded me the Honest Scrap award.



The rules are as follows: Thank the blogger who awarded you, and then list 10 honest things about yourself. Choose 7 other blogs to receive the award, and inform the bloggers that you've chosen them.

So... wow... ten things... hmmm...

10. I'm honestly not squeamish about very many things. I don't mind spiders or snakes or rats (in fact, I really, really LIKE rats). Blood or other bodily fluids don't squick me out. BUT... I REALLY REALLY HATE TICKS. They freak me out in the worst way if they are on me. If they aren't on me? I'm fine and dandy. I can pluck them out of friends, family and pets without a shiver. But on ME? ACK!!! GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF!! And, after finding even one on me, I typically have the need to shower and wash all the clothes I was wearing in scalding hot water immediately.

9. I honestly hate when people mess with my stuff. I put things where I put things because that is where I want them. When I lived alone, I could have walked through my house and found every single thing I owned with my eyes shut. Now, I live in endless frustration because PEOPLE MOVE MY STUFF. I remember watching a movie where someone was like that, and every time they left the room, someone would move something ... usually only an inch or two, and every time the character returned, they'd move it back immediately. That's me.

8. I honestly can't sleep on my stomach. I prefer my side, but I do sleep on my back sometimes. But never, never ever on my stomach. Just thinking about it gives me a headache.

7. I'm honestly the person you'd want around in an emergency, because I don't panic. I remain level-headed and I'm a great problem solver. I don't mind dirt or blood or fire, flood and pestilence. I'll be a wreck afterward, but during the emergency, I do great.

6. I have an honest obsession with brushing my teeth. When I was in high school and had braces, my orthodontist showed me pictures of some kid who didn't brush his teeth thoroughly when he had braces, and they were just disgusting. He warned me that I had to be diligent, and I took it to heart. Apparently, I'm a little TOO diligent. My current dentist tells me I'm too aggressive about brushing and it's making my gums recede and exposing my dentin. They give me extra soft brushes and tell me not to brush so hard or so long. And here I thought I was doing a good thing!

5. I honestly think water is the best refreshment. I love water. Water is the only thing that makes me feel rehydrated when I'm truly thirsty. BUT... I don't like bottled water (except Dasani) and I'm not fond of city water. We have a well, and the water tastes pretty dang good. Best water I every drank, though, was when we lived up in the boonies and had a spring. YUM.

4. I honestly cry at anything the least bit sappy. I used to cry at those old phone commercials and always at Hallmark commercials. I cry at the end of "Charlotte's Web", I cried at "ET", I cried when Flower died in "Meerkat Manor" (with that one, DD and I were both inconsolable -- we cried, hard, for a good twenty minutes).

3. I honestly don't understand how anyone ever thinks a writer will run out of ideas. I get ideas for stories every day. My problem is never lack of ideas, but only lack of time. I completely believe the "thing" that separates a writer from a non-writer is the ability to see ideas in everyday life, or the lack of the "what if" gene.

2. I honestly can't believe I'm going to do NaNoWriMo this year.



1. No offense to the rest of you folks, but I honestly think I have the best daughter in the world. Just saying.

Now... tags? Hmmm... how about:

1. Ceri

2. Anne-Katherine

3. Dru

4. Groovy

5. Keri

6. Judy

7. Mary

===================

Tomorrow I'll talk about some of the great new blogs y'all pointed me to on Tuesday. THANKS!

===================

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for playing! I loved reading your honest facts. I'm doing NaNoWriMo (first time) this year. I'm a little tense, but I think I can handle it. There'll be breakdowns along the way, but I'll probably pull an all-nighter on November 24 and that will be the end of that monster! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award. Really cool info!! Thanks for tagging me. It will probably be next week before I get to this (bad me lol)

Thank you so much for voting for Patachou! Oh and yes I almost voted for the goat too LOL.

Tori Lennox said...

I hear you on the story ideas. I have more ideas than you can shake a stick at. :)

Dru said...

Congrats on the awards. Thanks for tagging me.

Melissa McClone said...

Congrats, Marianne! Looking forward to seeing what you discovered with new blogs.

Brandy said...

Congratulations on your award! I like your ten honest things. I hear you on not moving your stuff around.
Ooh, can't wait to hear what you thought of the blog recommendations.
Have a terrific day!

Ceri Hebert said...

Hey thanks! I'm going to have to wait til everyone is gone to bed and do this. :)

Two more days until NaNo!! (just in case you forgot)