Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What, When, Where, Why, How with M.J. Fredrick

Give a hearty welcome to author M. J. Fredrick (who write's some pretty amazing books!)...

What hero would you borrow from another author's series that would be perfect for one of your heroines (and why)?

This was actually the hardest question for me because I always come up with my heroes first and give them the heroine. But would any heroine say no to Roarke from the In Death series?

M: Not me... just saying. He's got to be the hottest fictional character EVER.

When would you kill your own food?

When I travel back in time…or when chocolate comes to life. I wrote a scene in my Nano historical where the heroine killed a deer. That was a really rough scene for me to write. I love meat, but I don’t want direct contact with it, ya know?


Where do you do your best writing?

My backyard in my Adirondack chair and my laptop. I love hearing the birds and the planes and the bells from the church down the street. Fortunately, I live in Texas, so I can write outside most of the time. The rest of the year, I write in the morning at my breakfast bar, or in the evenings on my couch.


Why didn't Christine choose the Phantom?

Because he was a psycho stalker and a murderer? Just a guess. Does a woman really want a man that obsessed with her, even if he does look like Gerard Butler?


How do you teach an old dog new tricks?

Very very patiently, introducing the new trick a bit at a time until the old dog can’t believe it never wanted to try this new trick!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great interview!!!

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Fun interview! I laughed out loud at your Phantom answer.

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, ladies ;)

Brandy said...

Fun interview!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Ha! Cute interview! :)