Friday, May 29, 2009

Growing Webbed Feet

Oh, wouldn't the world seem dull and flat with nothing whatever to grumble at? ~W.S. Gilbert

We've been under dreary, rainy skies for three days now. The dog is bouncing off the walls and, to be honest, so am I. I hate not being about to get outside and look at my gardens, weed, tinker, walk... this morning, I'd thought we were supposed to have clear skies, but it's still raining.

Ugh.

Rain is so depressing for me.

Not to mention, if it keeps raining, my poor DH won't have a chance to decompress from work -- he does that by going out on the boat, or at worst, having a nap on the deck in the sunshine. Please let it clear!!

Yesterday, it was so cold here I had to turn my heat on. At the end of MAY. It was 59 degrees in my house when I finally gave in... brrrrr....

What happened to summer?

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

=======================

I wanted to check the rue where our swallowtail had laid eggs, but haven't been able to get out there. According to the information I found, eggs hatch in approximately 5 days, but in colder weather it can take a little longer. It's been over a week now since I watched her lay her eggs, but with this stupid weather I haven't been able to check if we have our first butterbabies of the year.

=======================




You Are Highly Intelligent



You are a perceptive, observant, and reflective person.

It's easy for you to get lost in your mind. You think amazing thoughts.



You are curious about the world. You are inventive and quite visionary.

You can get really engrossed in things. You tend toward the obsessive side.



Pretty much...

=====================

6 comments:

Jen said...

Our day is amazing today, but we're supposed to get thunderstorms tomorrow. We've had a lot of rain, as well.

Hope it clears up soon for you!

groovyoldlady said...

I don't mind the rain, but the COLD. Oy!

MomJane said...

I would love to have some rain for a while. This 100 degree weather is doing me in. My plants are all wilting and I can't go outside without wilting too.

I guess having an active dog would make a difference. They don't seem to mind the heat. Mine lay out in the sun and pant, watching the world go by.

Brandy said...

I don't mind rain. It's soothing. It can get annoying after a week of it, though. Right now it's 82 degrees and climbing, not counting the humidity.
And the quiz: You Are Highly Inspiring-You believe that your life has a higher purpose, and you do all you can to achieve it.
You are wise, and a lot of your wisdom comes from self discipline.
You try to live as moderately and modestly as possible.
You make room for rational, small indulgences... while living as ethically as you can.

Hmm, not quite! *G*

I hope you have a great day and the sun peaks out and visits you!

Tori Lennox said...

I know what you mean about the webbed feet! We finally have sunshine now. Yay! It should be heading your way!

Dru said...

Rain, that's all we've seen lately. Tomorrow we get a reprieve with the sun shining.

You Are Highly Spiritual

You may not have found the meaning of life, but you try to approach it with as much optimism as possible.

You are always enthusiastic and grateful for every day you have.

You are cheerful and energetic. You are a do-gooder who likes to keep busy.

You are outgoing and carefree. You embrace life to the fullest.