Thursday, May 28, 2009

Agility and Writing

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather. ~John Ruskin

So, Dakota has her first agility competition this weekend and last night in class she was NOT listening. She didn't make her contacts, refused to do the tire -- I hope it was because it rained all day and she had the wiggles. She's starting to listen to DD much better now, though, so I may let DD take Dakota on one of her two runs on Sunday. Haven't decided, and I haven't told DD yet but we'll see how it goes. Here's her best run from last night (and you get to see me makeup free... dear heavens).



======================

It's going to rain all day today, too. Whee... Still, we needed it, but GAH does it make it tough with the dog! I really need a treadmill for ALL of us. Bet my garden is happy. Maybe I'll brave the weather and take a look at it later on today.

======================

Have an idea for a short story I think I'm going to write and submit. Also, I worked on Camilla's story the past couple of days -- I'm changing a little about why Jed (the hero) is there and what the conflict will be for them. I need to up Camilla's need for roots, and increase Jed's footloose and fancy-free attitude for starters. This is the story with the rat, BTW, and I think I'll err on the side of caution and NOT include his POV. But, really ... I bet I can make each of you fall in love with him a little, even if you think you wouldn't. *G*

I haven't revisited this story in a long, long time and had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. With the changes I'm making in the "why" that has Jed there, I don't have to worry so much about his injury and that will make writing this a lot easier.

Maybe I can even get it finished and submitted soon... I hope so. I'm getting itchy.

========================




You Are Rain



You are dark and dramatic. You tend to be a bit over the top.

You have strong emotions and they can change quickly. You are tempestuous.



You are wild and unpredictable. You tend to overwhelm and surprise people.

While you are aggressive, you are also a homebody. You don't really care for physical activities.



Dark and dramatic... yep, that's me! LOL...

==========================

7 comments:

Dru said...

Thanks for sharing your video. That was fun.

Sounds like your story is coming together. Good luck with the new ideas coming for it.

You Are Snow

You are peaceful and calm. You are able to enjoy each moment.

You have a pure, gentle spirit. People automatically trust you.

You have a playful, adventurous spirit. You still feel like a kid.

You are able to find the joy in any situation. You are blissful.

MomJane said...

Like the new layout. Wish it was raining here.

Tori Lennox said...

I love the new look!!!

Brandy said...

We have rain here as well. Dakota looks good! According to the quiz I am Snow. *G*

I hope you have a good day!

Keri Mikulski said...

Too cute. Love the video.

Melissa McClone said...

Fun video!

Diane Craver said...

I love your new look for your blog!

That's great news about Jed. I'm sure I'll like him. :) Good luck with the writing.

It keeps raining here - we're afraid the planted seeds will rot from all the water.

Have a great weekend!