Thursday, May 14, 2009

Gorgeous Weather!

There is no such thing as pure pleasure; some anxiety always goes with it. ~Ovid, Metamorphoses

The weather has been just lovely the past few days -- into the 60s and mostly sunny. It's hard to buckle down and work! Yesterday, we took the dog to a nearby dog park. She was so overwhelmed by everything: the space the other dogs, the smell (OY! The smell ... even I was overwhelmed by that, yuck). Within about ten minutes, she looked rabid! Drool frothing from her mouth, lol.

She had a great time, and they have agility equipment, so when we could get her attention we worked her on that. All the dogs, save one, were very friendly and fun. One dog decided he had to prove he was Big Dog on Block and proceeded to hump whatever he could catch (including Dakota) and/or attack it. The owner kept grabbing him and yelling, but she wouldn't just leave with him, so we only stayed about half an hour. Had he not been there, we would have hung out a little longer.

I've looked at the long range forecast, and there isn't even a whisper of frost (lowest temps are said to be in the mid-forties), so either this weekend, or next Monday, I'm putting in my garden. I can't wait!!!

I got my Vole Control bait stations in the mail and will be putting those out as well. I'm still terribly upset by it and wish I could have found ANY other way to get the buggers off my property, but at this point it's us or them -- and for such tiny creatures they do massive amounts of destruction. My SIL has a friend who is exceptionally short on money, but would like to have a nice flower garden and asked me if I had extras. Normally, I have TONS of extra flowers because everything spreads like crazy (On my street, I'll just announce that my nursery is open, and folks come for any stuff they need, lol), but this year I don't have as much to share because I have to replace what the voles decimated. I really, really don't want to do this again next year.

Nothing new on the writing front, unfortunately, but we are lining up help where we can at the LASR site, so hopefully I'll be able to free up a little time (??).

Now, gotta get moving for the day!! Have a great one. :-)

==========================




You Are Bitter



You aren't bitter at the world, even though you have a strong personality.

Instead, you are sophisticated and cultured. You appreciate acquired tastes.



You are very powerful. You have the ability to change a room's energy.

While some may find you disagreeable, your points of view are intelligent and interesting.



There were a couple questions here that I wanted to answer both ways! Ah well, I am an acquired taste *G*.

======================

2 comments:

Dru said...

Good luck with your garden and the vole situation.

You Are Sweet

You are easy going and pleasant. You are always happy and upbeat.

No wonder you're so popular. There's nothing to dislike about you.

You are both likable and lovable. In fact, some people feel very passionately about you.

You are simply bliss inducing. You remind people to take time and enjoy life.

Brandy said...

I, too, had problems with the quiz and wanting to answer two different ways. Supposedly I am Bitter. Oookay. *G*
Sorry to hear about the misbehaving dog at the Dog Park and the vole situation. I hope Dakota still had a good time!

I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy the weather!