Thursday, January 01, 2009

Meme-ing in the New Year

Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to. ~Bill Vaughn


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

And, because JaNoWriMo starts today (woot!), I'm doing meme's (and, yes, I am building them early to give myself time to write - BTW, I won't be updating much about JaNoWriMo here, because I'll be posting to that blog, as will the other baker's dozen of folks who have joined me).

I found this meme a Jen's blog:

1. What is your occupation right now? I'm a wife, mother, teacher, accountant, writer, maid, cook, webmistress, gardener, landscape artist, designer, dog trainer ... you get the idea.

2. What color are your socks right now? ::looks down:: White.

3. What are you listening to right now? An airplane outside... I prefer quiet around me for the most part.

4. What was the last thing that you ate drank? Roasted garlic triscuits with cream cheese. Yum.

5. Can you drive a stick shift? Absolutely -- in fact, I prefer it, especially in the snow.

6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My mom.


7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? No one actually sent it, but I DO like the person from whom I stole it!

8. How old are you today? 41 and 23/24ths -- yep, I'm turning 42 in two weeks.

9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Hockey.

10. What is your favorite drink? Alcholic drink? Top shelf margarita on the rocks. Oh. Yum. But I haven't had a drink in I don't know how long, lol (says the former bartender). Mostly, I drink water. And coffee.

11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yep. I've been just about every color under the rainbow (of the natural color choices -- I managed to stay away from things like blue and fuschia). As a side note, blondes really do have more fun... or at least they get more attention. I've been brunette and I've been blonde, all around the same time, and there was a decided difference in the way I was treated by men. I color my hair now to hide the gray... not so much that I care that it's gray, I just don't like being multi-colored. When I have more gray than brown, I'll probably dye it gray!!

12. Favorite food? Do I have to choose? Seriously, I just really love food. Most all foods ... with few exceptions.

13. What is the last movie you watched? Um... Um... Um... :::think, think, think::: OH!!! "Prince Caspian" with DD on DVD. I almost never watch movies, so I was stumped for a bit.

14. Favorite day of the year? Most every Monday, especially the ones that fall in warm weather and excepting the ones that are holidays.

15. How do you vent anger? Mostly I yell. I'm half Portguese... we're passionate folks. But... when I'm REALLY REALLY angry? I have a pretty bad temper, and it's really just best if I walk away. So I do.

16. What was your favorite toy as a child? My Breyer model horses (most of which I still have).

17. What is your favorite season? Summer... summer... summer... Did I mention that I love summer??

18. Cherries or Blueberries? I love them both, but for just plain old eating, I'll choose cherries every time.

((DELETED THESE CUZ THEY PERTAIN TO EMAILING THIS MEME))

22. Living arrangements? A fairly modest colonial on 4 1/2 acres. We'd prefer a smaller house and more land... that'll happen someday.

23. When was the last time you cried? I'm wicked emotional and manage to leak nearly every day... so probably yesterday.

24. What is on the floor of your closet? My dirty clothes hamper. Three boxes of CDs we almost never listen to. And a stacking shoe rack thingie for our shoes. And, Jen... we don't have clothes on our closet floor... scared?

((DELETED BECAUSE IT PERTAINS TO EMAILING THIS MEME))

26. What did you do last night? Worked on the LASR website. Went to bed. Woke up at midnight. Took the dog out. Crawled into bed. Woke up at 2 a.m. and took the dog out. Slept. Up at 3:30 a.m., took the dog out. Laid down on the couch. Up at 4:10 a.m., took the dog out... Sorry, TMI? Poor Dd had the yaks. Blech.

27. What are you most afraid of? The my DD will die before me and that I'll never see my mom again.

28. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburger? None. I don't eat hamburgers.

29. Favorite dog breed? I prefer a Bailey:

But barring that, I suppose I'd choose a Dakota:

We are the "mutt" family... what can I say?

30. Favorite day of the week? Mondays! Because I am back on a routine.

31. How many states have you lived in? Three: California, Colorado and New Hampshire. I'm pulling to add Washington to that real soon.

32. Diamonds or pearls? Neither -- I'm not much on jewelry or stones (I usually just wear silver when I wear it). I told DH I wish I didn't have a diamond in my wedding set, because I don't really care for them. He offered to get me a mother's ring. Only problem? My DD was born in April. Now tell me God doesn't have a sense of humor.

===========================

7 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

Funny... Prince Caspian was the last movie I saw too. And my Breyers (which I don't have anymore, but have rebuilt the herd) are my favorite childhood toys. Man, I wish I had them still.

Happy New Year and Happy JaNoWriMo!

Dru said...

Happy New Years!

Have fun with JaNoWriMo!

Brandy said...

Happy New Year! You don't like Diamonds? WOW! *G*

I hope you have a good day and get some rest, hope Dakota, um, stops, soon.

Melissa McClone said...

Happy New Year! I have yet to write yet! That's next on my list. Good luck to you with JaNoWriMo!

anno said...

oooh,.... good list! Around here, we watch something of a movie just about every day. But then, we don't get any television. Looks to me like you're off to a great start for 2009 -- Happy New Year!

Jen said...

Happy New Year and JaNo! Yeah, you played!

And no, you don't scare me because you have those boxes of cds on the floor. Even if they're neat, they count as junk. ;-)

Diane Craver said...

Hi Marianne,

Happy New Year! Enjoyed reading your answers. And good luck with JaNoWriMo.!