Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Missing Link?

“Whenever I found out anything remarkable, I have thought it my duty to put down my discovery on paper, so that all ingenious people might be informed thereof.” - Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Not much deep or exciting to say today. I did use a fun prompt that Paperback Writer posted some time ago on her blog and wrote what was going to be a short for Womans World, until my heroine became a bit too independent and outspoken. I like her, though, and wouldn't change her for the world. I'll find her a good home.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share some interesting links:

Book Lust - A Community for People Who Love Books - There's a lot here, and I haven't had the chance to look at all of it. This site is fairly new and they're looking for folks to help add information as well -- It's not just romance it's for all genre's and it looks like a place you could spend some serious time!

The Wild Rose Press "In the Greenhouse" - There are a ton of writing articles here, for newbies on up to published folks. They have it broken down into categories.

* Seedlings - For newer writers, though I found much of use there.

* Blooming and Growing - for more experienced folks.

* The Writer's Toolbox - For everyone!
WritersWeekly: I stumbled across this site because Charity mentioned a course she was taking, and it looks worth some time. They have articles, online courses, warnings, forums and more.

Lastly, I'll mention the OWL Lab at Purdue: This is the best place I've found for grammar explanations (see their link called "Grammar and Mechanics") plus much more about writing in various forms.

And don't forget, I have a Links Page on my website, and am always looking for more to add, so feel free to share any writing links that you find value in.

Have a great day!

No comments: