Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I Call Do Over!

There is one kind of robber whom the law does not strike at, and who steals what is most precious to men: time. ~Napoleon I, Maxims, 1815

Yesterday went by in a blur ... and it seems like I got very little accomplished. Days like that drive me a little wonky. DH also came home early and unexpectedly, and I about wet my pants when someone walked into the house -- nearly grabbed for the cleaver (I was starting dinner). He's lucky he survived. *G*

Dru asked if my mom was here yet... not quite. She's stopped over in Kansas City visiting my brother. Actually, this has been a great trip for her, time to reconnect with all her kids. We're spread out all over the country and some of us haven't seen her in a very, very long time. She'll be here this coming weekend at some point. YAY!

We're teaching Dakota to know her right paw from her left paw. It's been fun... she's bored with her old tricks, and so are we, so we thought we'd give this a go (since trying to teach her to spell wasn't working -- she has a paper fetish and kept trying to eat the flash cards).

I'm looking at getting a smart phone -- I really wanted something I could use for internet when I'm somewhere I don't have internet. DH keeps talking about going away for a week or two on an island at the lake for a family vacation, but I can't be gone that long without getting online. After a great deal of research and asking around, I'm settling on a Droid (which I think beats iPhone on several levels -- those were the two I was looking at). I'm greedy, and want to be on the 4G network, so it looks like I'll be getting "The Charge". It has an insane amount of memory (32GB), the battery charge is significantly longer than any other Droid, and the biggest complaint I've seen is the quality of the case (I suspect it was made that way to make it lighter than the other Droids, and it is a LOT lighter -- I held all the models yesterday). I can get a skin for that and not worry...

I admit, I never really thought that much about having a phone that did anything but make phone calls, but the more I played with the test one yesterday, the more excited I got. It has GPS (with traffic reports!), and so much more. And it will hook up to and get up to EIGHT other gadgets online. I don't even HAVE that many gadgets! LOL... Between the three of us we have three computers and two eReaders.

I should have it in the next couple of days. Woot!

===================




Your Spirit Flower is the Daisy



You value close relationships with friends. You count on your friends as much as they count on you.

You are completely unpretentious and carefree. All you care about is whether someone is a good person.

You are a natural counselor. You listen well and give out good advice when needed.

You love all of life's simple pleasures. You find a lot of joy in a walk outdoors or a day at the park.



About half right.

====================

5 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

I love it that your mom is on her way! You must be thrilled, knowing she'll be on your doorstep so very soon.

Two weeks on an island in the middle of a lake sounds heavenly.

MJFredrick said...

My mom's dog knows his right from his left. He's super smart.

I love my smart phone, but be aware it can be ADDICTIVE!

Brandy said...

Glad you Mom is taking time to visit with her family. Though I am sure you'll be happy to have her this weekend. *g*

Aww, Dakota is a good girl-learning how to tell her right from her left.

I have an iPhone, but I don't need a lot when it comes to a smartphone. Heck, I put off getting one for over a year. But, I have to say I really like having it now. Yay on picking a good phone for you!


Your Spirit Flower is the Rose: You always have a hug and a smile for your friends. You're happy to have them as a part of your life.
You believe that love is a doing word. You are always expressing your feelings through small acts of kindness.
You are serene and satisfied with your life. You're content but not complacent.
You draw comfort from many things and people in your life. You allow yourself to be happy.

Pretty accurate.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Dru said...

I'm so glad your mom will be there soon.

Let me know about your phone. I'm in the market and can't make up my mind if I want a iPhone or a Droid.

Your Spirit Flower is the Violet

You trust others easily and freely. You know growth cannot come without trust.

You are a deep creature, with lots of sympathy and empathy to go around. You understand people well.

You strongly appreciate beauty. So much in this world is exquisite to you.

You have a quiet serenity and spirituality. You find meaning in so much of this world.

This is 80% accurate.

I hope you had a good day.

Maria Zannini said...

I've got a Droid. (older model) The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't beep at you when you have a voicemail waiting for you.

I'm told you can buy an app that will do that. I think it's cheap, but I refuse to pay for something that should come free. Maybe the newer phones have it.