Monday, August 02, 2010

A Menagerie

In wilderness I sense the miracle of life, and behind it our scientific accomplishments fade to trivia. ~Charles A. Lindbergh, Life, 22 December 1967

Well... my mental health day turned into "let's clean the house from top to bottom" day AND "let's work on all the last minute changes to the LASR/WC/Aurora anniversary party" day.

Not a lot of down time.

Oh well.

Don't forget that you can enter to win one of THREE Nook eReaders this month at the aforementioned LASR/WC/Aurora Anniversary Party. It's easy to play and enter. Go for it! And these are the expensive, 3G Nooks -- which also come loaded with a whole pile of donated eBooks AND a $50 BN.com gift certificate. Woo!!

Now ... back to our regularly scheduled blog.

First, and without further ado, I'd like to wish my mom a very happy birthday!! I wish I was celebrating it with you ... but know that I'm there in spirit.

====================

In Pillar Place: Monarch, we had five releases yesterday and three on Saturday. There are butterflies popping out all over. In a bit of irony, yesterday's releases were all gendered exactly opposite of their names. We had:

Igor (female), Karl (female), Hermine (male), Earl (female) and Gaston (female). Saturday's releases were all male.

A few pix (are you tired of looking at butterflies yet?):




We also had some early morning visitors yesterday (I had to take the pix through my slider without opening, or I would have scared them all off):




Yep ... three mamas and five baby wild turkeys came through our yard on a walkabout.

DD also found a friend:




I think stick bugs are incredibly cool... one of my fave all time insects. Don't you think they're neat?

And, that's it from the local menagerie. Today should go back to normal (or what passes as normal for us!).

How was your weekend?

=========================




You Are Logical



You tend to be rational to the point of driving other people crazy. You are all about the facts.

You don't like to make a big deal out of anything. You take both good and bad news in stride.

You believe that the simplest approach is often the best approach. Why complicate things?

You know how to get down to business and figure out what needs to be done. You're good at processing information.



That's mostly right! LOL...

=========================

4 comments:

Brandy said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!
What happened to your day off? I, for one, am not tired of the butterfly updates and pictures. It is funny that your names were opposite of their genders. *g*


You Are Deep
You are completely self sufficient. You are your own happiness.
You are content with your life and the world. It's hard to bum you out.
You see how everything is cyclical. You understand that nothing is permanent.
Insightful and smart, you know enough to get how the world works yet still realize there is more to learn.

Hmm, actually I'm happiest around my family so that parts wrong.

I hope you have a fantastic day!

Dru said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

I respect insects too much for them to be near me.

You Are Analytical

You see where most of the pieces of life fit together. You are excellent at organizing chaos.

You are a natural tinkerer. You're interested in how things work and how you can improve them.

You tend to have your head in the clouds, but your daydreams are very important.

You're the type of person who could change the world - if you're given enough space and freedom.


It is so scary that these quizzes can be so accurate.

Have a good Monday.

Tori Lennox said...

You Are Intellectual
You are always up for a challenge, just as long as it's a mental challenge.
Normal things seem pretty amazing to you. It's all about how you look at the world.

You turn ideas on their heads and come up with something totally new.
You are big on concepts and theories. When it comes to discussing ideas, no topic is off the table.


Yeah, that's me all right. *snicker*

Ceri Hebert said...

Stick bugs used to freak me out when I was little. They are kind of cool looking though.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MOM!!