Lookie! Liz Fichera has awarded me the versatile blogger award. I've often said that I tend to ramble ... perhaps I have too many things I enjoy, or it could be that I just talk a lot (just don't ask my husband which he thinks it is). In any case, I was quite flattered (thanks, Liz!).
The Versatile Blogger award does come with a few strings attached, though.
1. Thank the folks who gave you the award and and link to them;
2. Share 7 things about yourself;
3. Pass along to 15 bloggers (and link to them); and
4. Pay it forward: Comment on their blogs to tell them they are now recipients of the Versatile Blogger Award.
So ... okay ... here goes.
Seven things that I haven't mentioned before. This it tough, because I'm honestly not that interesting.
1. There are very few foods I won't eat... but lima beans are one of them. When I was little I can still remember my dad setting the timer on me and I had to eat them by the time the timer went off or get punished. And I would sit and cry because I didn't want to be punished, but I would NOT eat lima beans. Still won't -- but there's no timer involved anymore, thank heavens.
2. I have a very low tolerance for repetitive noise. If someone ever wanted to torture me, they'd only have to tie me up in a room with a dripping faucet. I'd lose my mind (what's left of it, anyway) in no time at all. The worst part of this is that my DD is a fidgeter and will often sit and just ... tap. Her foot, her finger, her pencil or whatever. Drives. Me. Nuts.
3. I always wanted to be a veterinarian growing up. But, after high school, I decided I couldn't face eight years of college. It's one of my great regrets.
4. I can't NOT multi-task. I watch TV and work on the computer. Eat and read. Have twelve windows open on my computer. Cook dinner and clean the house. Doing only one thing makes me crazy. Doing nothing? Would send me to the funny farm. My DH doesn't understand why I don't want to go somewhere isolated on a vacation and just veg. :::shivers:::
5. I spent several years of my young life living in the boonies with no power, phone or running water. I learned how to milk goats, wash clothes on a wash board, how to garden, raise chickens and ride horses. I also learned how to do homework by lantern, how to take a spit bath in the winter and that it's really cold in the middle of the night when you have to potty and the outhouse is 150 feet away. And now, my DH doesn't understand why I don't like to go camping...
6. I have a deep-seated fear of swimming in natural water. If I *have* to swim in it, I won't touch bottom unless I'm wearing shoes.
7. I love rodents. They are so incredibly cool. Sadly, my DH does not feel the same... but I plan to outlive him, so I'll be an 80 y.o. lady with pet rats. Ha! I'll be the crazy rat lady. *snort*
Fifteen Bloggers? Dear dog ... okay (:::deep breath:::), here goes:
1. Diane Craver
4. Allie Boniface
5. MJ Fredrick (Mary!)
7. Keri Mikulski
8. Melissa McClone
9. Jennifer Shirk
ACK ... my blogging time is nearly up for the day. I'm calling ten blogs "close enough", and nominating anyone who comes to my blog to comment today and isn't on the list. Okay? *G*
In Pillar Place: Monarch, Xi turned into a chrysalis, Pi is in a "J" and Earl hatched. We also found another egg (I SWEAR, I'm not looking, but when I'm picking food, I check for them and they're everywhere!!!), so we're now up to 24 monarch pillars/eggs.
I expect to have another mass hatching today.
People Are Drawn To Your Passion
You are intense about every thing you do, and this intensity inspires people around you.
It's clear that you care deeply about the others. You make everyone feel like they're your best friend.
You are always doing great and interesting things. You leap into action.
And while you're busy, you take time to connect and re-connect with others. You are very thoughtful.
Um... not so sure about this one...