Sunday, November 30, 2008

To Sleep...?

Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall. ~Larry Wilde, The Merry Book of Christmas

So... I forced myself to sleep in this morning. I got up with the dog at 3:30 and curled up on the couch because I knew the cat would just come sleep there instead of demanding her food at 4 a.m. It worked. I didn't get up until almost 6 a.m., but now I feel... off. DD got up at 6:30, I lost all of my "alone" time and I haven't even had a cup of coffee.

I think I prefer lack of sleep.

===========================

Well, DH got caught up in something yesterday and couldn't get the tree... at about 3:30 he told DD and I to go get it without him. So we did :-)

I let DD do the choosing for the most part -- "we" narrowed it down to 3 or 4 and then she made the final selection (after being reminded that we couldn't have the nine foot tree with our seven foot ceilings). And, when we got it home, it was much complimented -- and she spent the evening saying, "I picked it out." with a proud smile.

We didn't decorate it though. We'll do that today.

=============================

DH and I watched "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" last night on PPV. It was cute... not stellar, but good. I had a hard time warming up to Shia LaBeouf -- his character was a bit off-putting, IMHO. Still, I enjoyed the movie.

=============================




You Are a Gingerbread House



A little spicy and a little sweet, anyone would like to be lost in the woods with you.



Okay... I'm good with that.

=========================

7 comments:

Jen said...

I'll bet your house smells wonderful. There's nothing like a fresh tree!

anno said...

Me, too! Love those fresh trees! Are you baking cookies?

I'm, um, a fruitcake.

People pretend you're sweet and precious, but they know how weird you really are!

Dru said...

I love the smell of a fresh tree in the house. It makes it feel homey (sp).

re quiz: I'm a gingerbread house.

Have fun decorating the tree.

Have a good Sunday as well.

Tori Lennox said...

I'm a gingerbread house too!

Brandy said...

Ah, the smell of a fresh Christmas tree! NOW it's the Holidays! *G*
Have fun decorating the tree.
Quiz: You are a Trifle. No doubt, you have many intricate layers. But deep down, you're a little squishy.

Um, huh? *g*

I hope you have a relaxing day!

groovyoldlady said...

Hey! I'm a fruitcake just like Anno!

My decorating ALL DONE. in one day. WOOT!

Melissa McClone said...

Have fun decorating! A neighbor offered to help me get our Christmas stuff down since it's up high in the garage!