Sunday, August 26, 2007

Whatcha Reading?

He that loves a book will never want a faithful friend,
a wholesome counselor, a cheerful companion, an effectual comforter.
By study, by reading, by thinking, one may innocently
divert and pleasantly entertain himself,
as in all weathers, as in all fortunes.
~ Barrow


NOON TODAY -- that's the deadline to enter to win the LASR tote bag and bag 'o books. Have you entered yet?

Because I'm dopey this morning, I'm hosting a meme... but it's a good meme. And, hey, since I'm not tagging anyone, feel free to tag yourself if you're interested. I have no idea where it originated, but I saw it a bunch of blogs -- though I originally saw it a Melody's Reading Corner. And it interested me.

So here you are: the "What Are You Reading Meme"

What are you reading right now?

"Agnes and the Hitman" by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer

I admit to liking this one better than their first collaboration, "Don't Look Down". It's fast paced, funny and quirky as all get-out. I suppose I'll need to do an official review of it.

Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that?

Yup. "The Bourne Identity". I would have read it first but it was checked out at the library. How RUDE. But, HA! I showed them. I checked out "The Bourne Supremacy" and I get to keep it for FOUR WEEKS. So, there whoever you are... you have to WAIT LIKE I DID. **grin**

What magazines do you have in your bathroom right now?

No magazines in the bathroom... those, I keep on my nightstand. I'm usually so tired when I go to bed, I can't focus on a storyline, so I read the mags. I have "Family Circle", "Womans Day", "Good Housekeeping", "O", "Natural Health Magazine", "RWR" and "Readers Digest".

What’s the worst thing you were ever forced to read?

Anything by Ernest Hemingway or John Steinbeck. Could you get any more depressing??? And, geez, if you're going to depress someone, could you at least write something more interesting? After all, Edgar Allen Poe wasn't exactly cheerful, but I LOVED reading his work.

Admit it, the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don’t they?

Um... yes. If I bought everything I read, I'd go broke.

What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone?

My favorite book, and one that I always turn back to for a smile, is "Getting Rid of Bradley" by Jennifer Crusie. I love that book.

Do you read books while you eat? While you bathe? While you watch movies or TV? While you listen to music? While you’re on the computer? While you’re having sex? While you’re driving?

Wait... while you're having sex? First off, could you do that? And second, if you wanted to read during sex, then what would even be the point? **shakes head**

Okay, back to the rest of the question. I read when I eat. I read when I cook. I read when the TV or radio is on. I read in the tub. I don't read in the car, when I'm driving or otherwise. I get motion sick. Blech.

But, sure, I read whenever I can.

When you were little, did other children tease you about your reading habits?

Nope. My friend, Cathy, would always let me start series we were both reading, though, because I read so fast. It made her crazy when we read that series by John Jakes (The Bastard, The Rebels, The Seekers, The Furies et al), because I was nearly finished with the whole thing before she finished book one.

I did have some teachers question whether I really read some books because of my age, and the complexity of the books.

What’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn’t put it down?

It was too many years ago, and I can't remember the name of it -- but it was a mystery that took place on a thoroughbred farm and it was about 500 pages, and I read until just after three in the morning in order to finish it and find out whodunnit.

Work was a little tough that day.
=======================

Your Toes Should Be White

A little funky and a little fresh, you're constantly evolving your flirting style.

Your ideal guy: A witty brainiac with hottie potential

Stay away from: Overly dorky guys who become obsessed with you


So, I guess the dark burgundy polish with glitter that I have on there now should go?

6 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, I LOVED this meme... and I'm tagging myself for tomorrow - I have an SOS up today.

And what a pretty toe picture!

Dru said...

I liked your meme...posted it on my blog and I my toes should be painted white.

Have a good Sunday.

Allie Boniface said...

Ooh, great minds thinking alike and doing this meme today! And yeah, Poe knew how to tell a story. A gruesome one, to be sure, but a page-turning story all the same.

Anonymous said...

Great meme!

For the quiz, I got:

Your Toes Should Be Pink
You love to dress girly and work your feminine charms, with a bit of an edge.

Your ideal guy: Is confident enough to get any girl he wants

Stay away from: Jerks who only see you as eye candy


Yeah. I love to dress girly. That's why I prefer shorts, tee shirts, and tennis shoes. *g* But I do like pink, so I don't mind that part. And really, I'd love to be considered eye candy. LOL!

Brandy said...

I liked the book meme. I admit, I'm not a huge Hemingway fan.
As for the quiz, I got pink and I do really like to dress girly, SOMETIMES. *g*
Hope you had a good sunday!

Ooh, almost forgot, Agnes and the Hitman was fantastic! Loved It!

Melody said...

Enjoyed reading your post, Marianne. And I've "Getting Rid of Bradley" by Jennifer Crusie in my pile too!