Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday Morning!

I've watched you now a full half-hour;
Self-poised upon that yellow flower
And, little Butterfly! Indeed
I know not if you sleep or feed.
How motionless! - not frozen seas
More motionless! and then
What joy awaits you, when the breeze
Hath found you out among the trees,
And calls you forth again!
~William Wordsworth, "To a Butterfly"


Today will be a busy day, but I wanted to stop in long enough to say "howdy"!

Yesterday was certainly eventful. First thing that happened was, we found a little white dog wandering down our street -- cute little thing and friendly to people. He wasn't sure what to do about our dogs, though, so simply turned his back on them and didn't move when he got sniffed and nudged. DD promptly named him Fluffy, and wanted to keep him.

Anyway... I called some neighbors and no one knew who he belonged to. We don't have a shelter in our town, so I couldn't call to see if anyone had reported him missing. So, we started the trek down the road. I knocked on doors, door after door. Oddly, no one answered any of them. I don't think I look like a serial killer...

Poor puppy with his stubby little legs was pooped out. I carried him much of the way, and when he was set down, he just laid on the ground. Finally, we turned onto the next street. I saw a little Miniature Pinscher and headed that way. People with dogs usually take note of other people with dogs -- so I thought that person might know who the dog belonged to.

She did. It was hers! Yay. Tigger (not Fluffy) went home.

Later that day, DD got to drive our lawn tractor all by herself! She was so excited. DH put it in "1", a speed so slow, I walk faster, and let her go. What a great time she had! She thinks she's ready for her drivers license. I told her she had a few years yet.

And, lastly, we're getting a little concerned about our black chrysalis here at Pillar Place: Monarch. He should have hatched by now. And some online research revealed that there is something called "black death" for monarchs. Seems there is a bacterium in the soil that infects the milkweed and can cause the pillar to die -- or the chrysalis, if the pillar eats it right before pupating. It's highly contagious, as well -- which horrifies me, as I put most of the pillars together in the same box.

Fingers crossed the rest will be okay. I'm not sure what I should do with the black one... leave it there or move it, though I imagine at this point if it was going to infect the others, it would have already.

==========================

You Have Good Manners 70% of the Time

Your manners are quite excellent. You are well versed in etiquette.
Of course you have the occasional slip up, but you even apologize with grace.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, you know, I think you probably have good manners closer to 100%!

I hope the pillar is okay!

Anonymous said...

You DID have a busy day! I'm glad you found Tigger's "mom". :)

Hope the pillar is okay!

I got on the quiz:

You Have Good Manners 77% of the Time
Your manners are quite excellent. You are well versed in etiquette.
Of course you have the occasional slip up, but you even apologize with grace.


Emily Post would be so proud. *g*

Brandy said...

Sorry to hear about a possible plague for your Monarchs.

As for the quiz, I received: You Have Good Manners 86% of the Time. Your manners are perfect. You always carry yourself with class. You know how to be considerate toward everyone- even if they aren't considerate to you.

I always knew my Mom was strict for a reason.

Hope you have a nice day.

Dru said...

oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the "black death".

The quiz says..

You Have Good Manners 86% of the Time

You manners are perfect. You always carry yourself with class.
You know how to be considerate toward everyone - even if they aren't considerate to you.


I hope you had a good Monday.