Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday Fun Stuff

Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow. ~Douglas Pagels, These Are the Gifts I'd Like to Give to You

That quote is for me. I'm talking to me. Now, if only I would listen.

============================

Okay... I have to admit. When Lori Foster agreed to an interview with LASR, I had a "squee" fan-girl moment. I love, Love, LOVE Lori Foster's books. Judy doesn't read much in that genre, and couldn't understand why I was so freaky excited about it.

But, c'mon: Lori freakin' Foster! Woo!

So, if you're into her, and want a "squee" fan-girl (or guy!) moment, head over to the author interview at LASR today.

I'm still just tickled. And that Lori, what a wonderful, gracious lady. If I wasn't already ga-ga about her, I would be after this.

Also, it's the last day to enter to win at Allie's contest.

AND... we have a really BIG giveaway at LASR today as well. So, go forth and enter!

============================

Martin and Rose, our occupants of Pillar Place: Swallowtail, have grown tremendously. They are well over an inch long, and about as thick as a pencil. It's just incredible. I think I might be able to actually watch them increase in size. I imagine they'll be making their pupae next week. And then, I swear, PP:S2 will be done until May. No more pillars.

Unless DD finds them, and shames me into bringing them inside.

============================

You Are Apple Red

You're never one to take life too seriously, and because of it, you're a ton of fun.
And although you have a great sense of humor, you are never superficial.
Deep and caring, you do like to get to the core of people - to understand them well.
However, any probing you do is light hearted and fun, sometimes causing people to misjudge you.

4 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

I'm apple red too!

Though truth be known? I can be superficial...

Dru said...

I am Crimson Red

Down to earth and warm-hearted, you instantly make everyone feel at ease around you. And while you have an understated passion - you lack the uncontrolled passion of most other reds. You prefer to sit back and enjoy every situation life has to offer. You put an optimistic spin on everything.
And even when things are going well, you don't get too amped up. You prefer to keep your emotions as steady as possible.

Jen said...

I'm going to check Lori Foster's interview a bit later - I'm behind on blog reading, etc.

Have a wonderful start to your weekend!

Brandy said...

Congratulations on your first week of LASR.
Hope you have a fantastic weekend!