Monday, December 13, 2010

Family Day

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

Yesterday I took off the computer -- mostly. I had a few things that needed doing, but I decided to hang with the family primarily. DD and I went shopping for a few things she needed to make some jewelry, went by Tractor Supply Co (who had so nicely given me coupons for the pet food I use) and then home where I told DD we could do a puzzle.

We did a 500 piece puzzle in a couple of hours, and then she asked to play Scrabble. I played, but I admit to getting frustrated because her brain just can't seem to make more than four letter words and the board gets incredibly bogged down. Still, it's a good vocab builder, so I suffered, lol.

DH mostly sat on the couch, found Christmas music on his computer to play (via YouTube mostly) for us and made snarky comments. It's his lot in life.

Today, we might go see "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" -- DD and I have both been going a little crazy to see it. It looks great, though it clearly doesn't follow the book since the White Witch is once again in it. Even so, I'm hoping it will be good. The previews look promising -- and I want to support it so that they'll continue making the movies.

I need to bake up more dog cookies, too. And I might even go whole hog and make some people cookies as well, for the humans in our agility class. We'll see.

How was your weekend? Do anything fun?

===================




You Are Cherry Pie



You are a total sweetheart, but you also have a tart side to you as well. You can't help but be a little naughty.

During the holidays, you try to lighten the mood and keep things fun. You think that the holidays should be a time of joy... not stress.

Your ideal holiday has lot of laughter and good times. You definitely prefer a holiday with zero drama.

You believe that people often forget that holidays are for celebrating. You try to make every holiday event a bit of a party.



That's about right...

==============

8 comments:

MomJane said...

You Are Apple Pie
You are warm hearted and generous. You're the type of person who's willing to take a small piece of the pie so that everyone can have some.
During the holidays, you do your best to give as much as possible. You are always thinking about what you can do for others.

Your ideal holiday would be spent with your closest family and friends all in the same house.
The greatest present anyone can give you on the holidays is to simply be there.


Yep this fits.

Let me know how you enjoy the movie.

Maria Zannini said...

After seeing so many beautiful trees and decorations on various blogs, I finally succumbed and did a little decorating.

I wasn't planning on it because I'll be traveling, but alas, the temptation was too great. I wanted a little cheer at my house too.

Angelina Rain said...

It sounds like you had a great day yesterday. Spending time with the family can truly be a blast sometimes.

Melissa McClone said...

I want to see the movie, too. Was hoping to get there this weekend, but we were too busy with dog shows and swim meets.

Family days are always nice. So glad you had time together. We managed to get a lot of decorating done with weekend which was nice. Now to get all the rubber bins out of the house!

Dru said...

Family days are important and I'm glad you had a good one.

You Are Mince Pie

You are misunderstood, but that's understandable. You're a pretty complicated person, and you aren't exactly what you seem.

During the holidays, you tend to keep to yourself a fair amount. You need a lot of alone time in order to recharge.

Your ideal holiday is quiet and calm. You don't want to be a total hermit, but you prefer to be surrounded by the people you are closest to.

You believe that the holidays are sacred and to be cherished. You don't want to share them with just anyone.

This is 80% accurate.

Tori Lennox said...

I don't understand the need to add the White Witch to Dawn Treader. The book has plenty going on in its own right.

Brandy said...

My daughter wants to see the new movie, too. She's read the books and hopes they continue to make more movies as well.
Sounds like you had a good family day! Have you tried Scrabble Slam? It's a card game that works like scrabble and it's fast and fun, both my kids like it and it makes a great small gift or stocking stuffer. *g*

I hope you're having a nice day!

Ceri Hebert said...

I worked on Saturday. Boo. It was slow and boring and I wondered why I was there, but then again, I had last Monday off in exchange and I REALLY needed that day off, so it worked. While I was working DH was making his most awesome spaghetti sauce, so we had spag and garlic bread when I got home.

Yesterday we had breakfast out and then DH, DS and I went off to do a little shopping. We finished the day by putting the tree up and eating left over spag. :)