Saturday, August 08, 2009

TipToe Throught the Tulips

People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us. ~Iris Murdoch, A Fairly Honourable Defeat

Swamped with business today -- DH and DD are gone for a few hours this a.m. so am taking advantage of the peace and quiet and WORKING.

In the meantime, I thought you might enjoy a walk through my gardens.

DD's garden by her swingset was the prettiest one this year -- no deer or voles or chipmunks or bugs dared invade!


She has the prettiest lilies:


And Liatris that the deer didn't eat:


But my garden out front has a few surprises... ageratum:


And gallardia:


And my well pump garden is doing nicely:


With bachelor buttons:


And what appears to be two different kinds of echinacea (isn't it odd?):



And nearby we also have hydrangea:


And garden phlox:


So despite the damage done by pests this year, it seems that at least some of my gardens are still hardy enough to make things pretty.

Flowers always make me smile. What about you?

========================

5 comments:

Dru said...

both gardens look beautiful.

Good situations make me smile.

Have a good Saturday.

Tori Lennox said...

You have the prettiest flowers!!!

Brandy said...

Oh, they are so beautiful. You make me wish I had a green thumb.

I hope you're having a nice Saturday!

groovyoldlady said...

Your flowers are much lovlier than my own wild disarray of random plants which I have placed lovingly, but erringly in all the wrong places. (well, at least according to "Mower Man"!~)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow love all the pics!!! Beautiful garden!