Friday, February 27, 2009

Rambling

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. -- Confucius

Saw this at Judy's and couldn't resist:

Here are the rules:

1. Go to “Wikipedia.” Hit “random article” and the first article you get is the name of your band.

I got an article on a band... irony? I suppose it would be cheating if I just took their album cover and ran with it, huh?

2. Then go to “Random Quotations” and the last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

Oooh... as the queen of quotes, I'm excited about this site. Forget them meme, I'm adding it to my favorites.

3. Then, go to Flickr and click on “Explore the Last Seven Days” and the third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

But, but... I like the first one better. :::pouts:::

4. Use Photoshop or some other image editor to add text & spiffify.

Is "spiffify" a word? And, I have Photoshop, but I really don't know how to use it. Bother.

5. Post a link to your band's album cover here!



Best I could do. Though, I have to admit, I rather like both the band name AND the title...

=====================

Thanks for your comments about Geoff (Amy, yours cracked me up). And Dru, you weren't really supposed to like him in Liv. Sympathize with him a little, maybe. But he wasn't the hero. Now he is, and I sure hope you'll like him now!

Speaking of which... I'm off to write.

=====================

I have a mammogram appointment today. I know... fun, fun, fun. Still, the reason I bring it up is to say: Are YOU getting your mammograms done? Hmmmm? To all the JaNoWriMo folks: Aren't you glad I wear the nag hat here sometimes, too?

=====================

8 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

Oh no, the quote and the album cover couldn't have been more perfect together. I'll have to put it together when I get home from work and post it on my blog. It's too funny!

Have fun with the mammogram. At least it's only once a year.

Amy said...

I'm still young enough that I don't "need" a mammogram yet. Though I think that will change at this year's appointment. Bleah.

I'm going to start doing some Photoshop stuff on the blog once the new site is up....I only know the basics, but it's enough to get you started.

Melissa McClone said...

I'd never be able to figure out how to get text onto a photo so I'll skip that one.

You are a great nagger!


I always get a little card reminding me to make an appt.

Brandy said...

I have a new computer with a new (to me) photo program and absolutely no idea how to use it. *g*
I'm considered too young to get a mammogram. It's kinda nice to still be considered too young for something.

Dru said...

I make it a habit to get my mammo on or near my birthday.

Anonymous said...

This is fun (the Wikipedia thing not the mammogram *g*)! I'll have to try and remember to do it tomorrow.

Keri Mikulski said...

Enjoy your mammo.. :) Okay, no one really enjoys them..

I like the Widipedia thinger.. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Especially part about "random article" from Wikipedia. Welcome to my blog about articles writing. Thanx.