Yesterday, Maria Zannini posted an award on her blog:
And instead of awarding it to fifteen blogs, asked us to post one random thing about ourselves in her comments (I did *G*) and then another six here. I'm carrying the torch here -- anyone who reads this and wants to play: post one random thing about you in the comments, and then another six on your blog.
Suddenly I have the song, "Getting to Know You" going through my head...
Anyway.... here are my six other random things:
1. I'm trying to get up the nerve to try eating milkweed.
2. I have a tendency to start singing songs when someone talks -- I can find a lyric that goes with conversation almost without fail (hence the "Getting to Know You" above ... it just happens).
3. I don't like swimming in natural water, and I won't touch bottom if I'm barefoot, even if I'm in two feet of water. Who knows what lurks down there? :::shivers:::
4. I'm prone to depression, so have to consciously find ways to stay happy -- it's probably why I tend to write funny stories.
5. I suspect I'm a little OCD -- there are certain things that must be done a certain way (I mentioned one on Maria's blog yesterday), and if they aren't I have a meltdown. Either that, or I'm a control freak....
6. I have a soft spot for all creatures (great and small *G*) and even apologize to the ones I smoosh (like Japanese beetles ... I saw my first one yesterday). When I kill them, I make sure it's in the most humane way possible, and if they would just leave my stuff alone, I'd leave them alone.
Okay... who's next?
I just saw a bird (it landed on my deck) that I don't know what it is! It had a dusty orange back shading into gray on its body, and a white tummy. It was about the size of a cardinal, which is what I thought it was at first... must go on a bird hunt.
Yes, I am this random in person, in case you were wondering.
You Are Salsa Dancing
You are expressive, dramatic, and passionate. When you dance, you dance your heart out.
You are outgoing and willing really put it all out there. You don't have a shy bone in your body.
In fact, it's probably hard to hold yourself back from dancing. When you hear good music, you want to move.
You think people need to get out of their heads more and hit the dance floor. Dancing is one of life's pure joys.
That's about 80% true ... and I do love to dance!