Tuesday, March 07, 2006

True Bluv

Paperback Writer got me to thinking this morning about "eternal lovers"... you know the ones, the characters you can't get out of your mind when you're done reading (or watching)? The ones who make you sigh when they've struggled through adversity and are finally together?

One of the comments in her blog mentioned Wesley and Buttercup from the Princess Bride (man do I love that movie!) and I suppose, as adversity goes, these two came through the worst. So, of course, I had to title today's blog after them -- you remember the part, right? When Wesley's mostly dead and Billy Crystal's funny little man finds out why he's not all the way dead? Trooooooooooo Bluuuuuuuvvvv

It gets us through anything. And it's why I write (and read) romance, or at least require a solid romantic relationship in what I read. It really does make the world go round. It is a rare and precious thing.

When you think of "true bluv", what characters come to mind?

No comments: