Saturday, December 02, 2006

Hooked On A Feeling

I can live for two months on a good compliment. ~ Mark Twain

Yesterday, I had this odd realization: other folks, folks I don't even know, are reading my story.

Now, I've had a few other things published before, so this shouldn't be a new feeling. But it was. I tried to figure out why, exactly, and I came to this conclusion. Every other thing that I've had published I was paid a flat fee by the publisher, but the people who read it thereafter paid nothing to do so.

Folks who are reading "Now That We've Found You", however, are making the conscious decision to pay money specifically to read it.

All of you who've had your books published before have been through this. I wonder -- am I the only one who finds it odd?

Incidentally, to those of you who did make the conscious decision to purchase my story: Wild Rose Press allows readers to give reviews on what they buy. I'd love for you to do so!

I looked at the current holiday bestsellers at Wild Rose, and my story is number six. And in its category, Champagne Rose, it's number one! Cool!

Okay, I'll be over it all soon, probably about the time I start submitting again (which needs to be soon). Thanks to all of you!

No comments: