Monday, January 16, 2006

Grace Notes

I was perusing my book "Grace Notes" by Alexandra Stoddard -- you're supposed to read it every day, and I've been slacking. It's interesting to note that the past few days have all dealt with using time wisely. Ironic, but interesting:

Lost time is never found again." - Benjamin Franklin

Tomorrow's life is too late. Live today. - Martial

"Action! Action! Action!" - Demosthenes

I'm trying to take them to heart since I haven't written an original word in over a week that's worth anything. Mostly I've written garbled brainstorming that amounts to nothing I can ever use.

It's frustrating to feel this blocked, and I've tried all the "tricks". I am writing something -- at the very least, I'm writing this blog daily, but I want to produce something I can submit somewhere. A poem. A short story.

Editing on Liv isn't going well, either. I'm struggling through, bit by bit, but it's an unbelievable chore, and I still have the thought that I'm short such a huge amount of words.

Wah, wah, wah. Welcome to my pity party. Guess I should stop whining and get writing as per Ben's words of wisdom, above.

What about you? What do you do to kick writers block to the curb?

No comments: